Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Regrowth Stacking

So I had this issue happen to me late last night and I didn't think much of it til it happened twice more this afternoon.

Basically the situation is I'm under Stinging Swarms DoT from mermaids in Kedge Keep. My Regrowth drops naturally (fading due to duration). When it fades I try to reapply Regrowth, and it won't stick because the Stinging Swarm DoT is still on me. This isn't how it is supposed to work...

Regen effects aren't blocked by DoT effects, atleast they shouldn't be. Screenshots:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Me starting to cast Regrowth as seen in bottom left catch window)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(The spell 'landing' and saying the lore text of - You begin to regenerate - but clearly not landing, and wasting 300 of my manaz!)
Old 11-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Im like 99% sure this is the way its supposed to be. The entire swarm line will not overwrite regen, but when trying to recast any sort of regen with this line of spell on you, it will block it. you can refresh it if its still active however.

I think that the necro blood line of dots do the same thing... I.E. boiling blood, pyrocruor

It should however give you a " your spell did not take hold on your target" message. It shouldnt say you begi to regenerate. Im pretty sure it would still eat your mana with a not taking hold message, just like casting on a dead mob still takes your mana.
Last edited by Brinkman; 11-15-2011 at 09:49 PM..
Old 11-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Aviak

It is not sufficient to make a claim and only state "is/isn't supposed to" - or any permutation of that line. Read the stickies, do the research, provide evidence for your claim and don't be a scrub. Most of the time you will find that you are wrong, but the few well researched changes are appreciated.
Last edited by DarthPeon; 11-16-2011 at 06:19 AM..
Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Orc

edit Reading comprehension fail
Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

This is as obscure of a situation that I couldn't find anything on wayback for or against my claim. It isn't always feasible to find records of this stuff. But it saying you begin to regen and not sticking is 100% a bug. It may be correct that they don't stack or land together but it definitely should give you a message saying your spell didn't land.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Developer

It's landing. The issue seems to be that the client is expecting the swarm to block regen, so it doesn't add the buff to the buff window. But the server is still adding the buff correctly. You can see this by zoning out, as it will refresh the buff window from the server's perspective.