Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is happening because the EU was found to have broken world trade laws in giving state aid to one of its companies - Airbus. The UK does not and will not break international trade laws, so once we control them again, the US would not be able to impose punitive tariffs on us.
The above is correct. Don't think us too squeaky clean though. Our MP's have been found to be illegally selling arms to Saudi Arabia for use in Yemen against our own laws. If our MP's are willing to break those laws then trade laws are nothing to them. Some of the current party in power are the worst kind of money grabbers.

Our own foreign secretary (at the time) was found to be having secret off the record meetings with Israel to help put some cash in her (already full) pockets.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The above is correct. Don't think us too squeaky clean though. Our MP's have been found to be illegally selling arms to Saudi Arabia for use in Yemen against our own laws. If our MP's are willing to break those laws then trade laws are nothing to them. Some of the current party in power are the worst kind of money grabbers.

Our own foreign secretary (at the time) was found to be having secret off the record meetings with Israel to help put some cash in her (already full) pockets.
Stop being anti Semitic. How dare you.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really shouldn’t be this invested in brexit. It just burns me up to see how the common people get treated over there by their elites. And well a lot of those elites are the DNC too.
Well, the EU exists to make trade easier and cheaper; which obviously benefits the wealthy who stand to profit from that trade. So I see your point there. There is definitely an element to it that is designed to benefit elites.

I still think you are overlooking a different set of elites, hedge fund managers and so on, who stand to benefit tremendously from Brexit too.

Consolidating this, Leave / Remain is a war between two sets of elites, using the regular man as their pawns?
Old 10-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop being anti Semitic. How dare you.
There we go. I knew you had a sense of humour in there somewhere.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There we go. I knew you had a sense of humour in there somewhere.
Listen over here in America, Israel is our greatest ally. We give them only 3.2 billion per year in aid and we get back...... can anyone help me out here?
Old 10-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teppler is a good lad. He's found a collection of ideas that brings meaning to his life in much the same way that cCHRISTians and prAGGRESSIVES spout their spittle. Don't be too harsh on the boy.
Filbus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2019, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is happening because the EU was found to have broken world trade laws in giving state aid to one of its companies - Airbus. The UK does not and will not break international trade laws, so once we control them again, the US would not be able to impose punitive tariffs on us.
But, why are the US hitting a Scottish product, if their truck is with (what I believe is predominantly) a Franco/German company?

Genuine question; wouldn't the US be better off tariffing things that are produced and exported by those countries, especially when relations with the UK are at a very delicate time?

Is it about teaching the UK a lesson; the US will persecute the UK if it stays kosha with EU? Does UK really want to submit to such a partnership?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Filbus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He always had a hard on for me so maybe.
Fire Giant

Quote:
Listen over here in America, Israel is our greatest ally. We give them only 3.2 billion per year in aid and we get back...... can anyone help me out here?
Why a country with an ultra modern army needs aid is beyond me.

DISCLAIMER: Its not beyond me. Because its not "aid".
Old 10-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Banned

It goes to build Israel's massive border wall, meanwhile in America jews voted 71% for Hillary and were her largest donating block which means Israeli American's overwhelmingly voted for no border wall in America.
Closed Thread