Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now root nets are the best agro clickies because the economy is not inflated on this server. They take only 11 pp to recharge while mallets take 500pp to recharge. It is best for our guild to use root nets for agro clickies on our tanks. In order for <Seal Team> members to submit a loot list they are required to farm 4 agro clickies. Root nets and dispel sticks are the currently accepted items on this list.

Enjoy sitting in the corner waiting for me to get mine.

Phatez
Actually pathetic.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually pathetic.
Shut up you cry baby... Phatezz is way cooler than you
Old 12-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone knows the group formerly known as TMO is pathetic. I honestly suspect most of them are on full time disability and probably play EQ with one of those mouth controlled mice. Can you really deny them this one place where they can be better than other people with functioning bodies in real life?

P99 would undoubtedly be 10x more popular and fun if this group of players was banned whenever they popped up simply for how much staff time they've wasted with RMT, training, cheating, and all the rest. They must donate a lot of money to be left alone.

Either that or like I said, who can deny a bunch of cripples their special olympics?
Shut up you leftist
Old 12-02-2019, 05:22 AM
Kobold

This is all some people have in their lives, god bless them.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:29 AM
Planar Protector

Why on Earth put root nets on farm for days on end...

They are 11pp, how many characters donyou really need tk distribute them to when there is only like one killable boss fight in game?!
Old 12-02-2019, 05:53 AM
Kobold

In the future, 100s easily needed. Planning for the future I guess
Old 12-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why on Earth put root nets on farm for days on end...

They are 11pp, how many characters donyou really need tk distribute them to when there is only like one killable boss fight in game?!
Planning ahead for luclin.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-02-2019, 07:33 AM
Aviak

How much are root nets going for?

I might quit my $100k job, divorce my big titted super model wife, trade in my Ferrari (more than you can afford pal) and monopolise.

That'll show those nerds.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But that's not universally true. MANY servers had very amicable raid scene that was made possible by rotations. In fact the very idea of "competition" was antithetical to the spirit of the design of EverQuest. The reason EQ launched without any PVP servers, for example, was because the great McQuaid wanted an online MMO built around the spirit of COOPERATION OVER COMPETITION.

A toxic raid scene being "Classic" actually goes against everything the original designers of the game had envisioned.

If the raid scene on Green/Teal ends in a single guild monopolizing 95% of all mobs I for-see a population nosedive as more people reach max level.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. And, eventually, instancing made its way into the EQ raid scene. However, instancing isn't "classic" and as such will never be seen on the P99 servers.

Unfortunately, literally nothing has changed from the raid scene on blue. Because of that, there is no reason to believe that the green\teal raid scenes will be any less toxic.

You don't have to go back very far on the blue raid forums to find Rogean and Nilbog handing out raid suspensions. Go back far enough and you can find entire guilds being banned outright from the game. Rotations are good in theory as long as everyone agrees to follow the rules. Since that almost never happens, rotations generally cause more drama than they prevent.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Aviak

I had a list adventure today. They're imperfect and people have somehow found ways to be scumbags about it but if I have to choose between over leveling it and soloing it or grouping for it with friends versus having a bunch of try hards keeping camp for months on end, I guess I'll take the list. This is one of those times where I feel like there's a better way to do it but I can't personally offer any suggestions.

Hope you're doing well Tani.
Snuggling [Shaman]
Closed Thread