Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 12:40 PM
Large Rat

Default Lvl 20 - 25 Permafrost hunt possible?

We would like companions to venture into Permafrost with us tomorrow. We're a 23 shaman and a 22 Shadow Knight. At 6am American EST (off peak) 12/18.

In game names are Ramum (me) and Trumtrum.

Perhaps the bigger questions will be is it possible at our level to hunt there at all and hopefully gain some experience and some experiences?

Feedback appreciated.

Send me a direct message here to let me know if you're interested.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

not for the faint of heart

try Sol A
Old 12-17-2019, 01:13 PM
Kobold

You can do the zone area in Perma at 20, plenty of action and you can bail across the zone whenever needed.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

A couple of years ago I duo'd (on a monk) with a paladin friend in Perma for many levels (up to around 37 I think). We were a bit higher than you (late 20's I think) when we started but as noted you can start at the zone in and work your way in from there. Good luck, and have fun!
Old 12-17-2019, 05:11 PM
Kobold

perfect levels for perma imo
Old 12-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornisthebest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
perfect levels for perma imo
Yeah, agreed. Most go there when they are already too high. Just take it slow, use the zone as needed.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the feedback. I'll report back how it went tomorrow. No requests -YET- to join us. Offer remains.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Its actually a cool zone and has pretty good XP bonus but as others say, it can be a little brutal and also a very far CR if you wipe. The wizards and evokers nuke really hard, much harder than the sol a goblins of the same level range. Also the prelates are clerics which are equally annoying as shamans. Their heals land for alot. If you had a full group or at least 4 people you could camp the flag room (easy exit but close enough to an abundance of mobs)

I tried to make a group for it when the server first opened but we never got enough people. I've seen groups of the mid 20s killing there sparingly though, so I know it's possible.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wizards and evokers nuke really hard, much harder than the sol a goblins of the same level range.
Do they? The cinder gob wizards in sola were nuking me for 170. They were blue to me at 24. What do the perma gobs nuke for?
Old 12-18-2019, 05:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to make a group for it when the server first opened but we never got enough people. I've seen groups of the mid 20s killing there sparingly though, so I know it's possible.
Right at 20/21 if I'm remembering correctly is perfect for the zone camp. A couple gobs path down to the zone, there are two at the top of the stairs to the mine proper, couple more pathing the two directions you can go from there to the next room. You can do those steady for a couple levels, then start fighting into better rooms.

But it's like Sol A, one single gob gets away from you and it's run for the zone screaming and hooting time while shouting choo choo. But we liked both Perma and Sol A just for that challenge, group of not overpowering level has to be really on its toes and coordinating correctly to keep those camps under control. Or get an enchanter, but that's cheating. Lot more interesting to do it with just root, as you can't just mezz your way out of every mess.
Closed Thread