Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While the staff hasn't confirmed anything, all discussion so far has suggested that Blue will be the "dumping ground" for Green characters.

Keep in mind that the the staff hasn't even tried to start a single new server in years, and the last attempt (the Discord server) failed. It seems ... unlikely that they would want to expend the significant extra effort (and cost) necessary to launch two new servers, just because a few players have concerns about breaking an already broken economy ...

... which leads me to my second point: Blue was in Kunark for seven years (vs. one year on live). If that fact alone hasn't already "disrupted" Blue's economy, I don't think anything else will.
I know a lot of players were sprinting a marathon with blue, but I for one enjoyed the slower pace, it really let me explore the game deeper than the classic timeline allowed.

I hope green 2.0 doubles the wait on expansions.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one enjoyed the slower pace, it really let me explore the game deeper than the classic timeline allowed.
Amen. Anyone starting on Green will miss that ... but they can just keep doing it over and over to get to re-experience the game on that deeper level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-01-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Old 05-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... which leads me to my second point: Blue was in Kunark for seven years (vs. one year on live). If that fact alone hasn't already "disrupted" Blue's economy, I don't think anything else will.
P99 opened October 2009. Kunark was released in late March 2011. Velious opened August 2015.

The original game opened in March 1999, with Kunark in April 2000 and Velious in December 2000. The folks who enjoy the pre-expansion period would get over a year following those dates, but people who enjoy Kunark without Velious will be in for a shock if the new server follows the original timeline. The actual Kunark era lasted only on the order of seven and one-half months.

Of course, as of today all we have is a decade's worth of sometimes-contradictory posts and comments. We don't know for a certainty (until we do) that re-launch will follow the original timeline so closely.

Danth
Old 05-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course, as of today all we have is a decade's worth of sometimes-contradictory posts and comments. We don't know for a certainty (until we do) that re-launch will follow the original timeline so closely.
Of course nothing is "certain", but you can be about as certain that green will follow the actual live timeline as you can be of just about anything here. Want proof? Just look in the upper-left corner of your screen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Green is the "project" that is "Project 1999", and it just would make no sense for them to depart from their classic goal with it when they've worked so hard to write all their code this whole time in a way that can progress perfectly along the classic timeline.

The only departure I could see would be to let the server live on beyond the moment Luclin would have been introduced, and even that would be "classic" in a sense (since live didn't end then either).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make two servers to handle the population
I agree, or more based on number of players. If the population drops too much on any of them then merge them just like used to happen.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they stick to their old idea, Green follows the timeline of patches and expansions correctly as it was in old retail, and when it reaches the end everyone is thrown out into Blue and Green is wiped and restarted back on day one with patch 1 or whatever. Over. And over. And over.

I'm still curious about the Teams custom rules PvP server btw.
I LOVE THIS IDEA!
Old 05-01-2019, 10:59 PM
Aviak

Happy to see all the progress! I look forward to returning for this.

Thank you devs for all your continued effort.

-Bord/Waffle
Old 05-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make two servers to handle the population
this x100 classic everquest can't handle nor isn't supposed to handle a population as big as blue' You already know green is going to have an even bigger pop by 1.5x and be fucking crazy.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Default Heartbrand the Liar/Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This poster is Decibel. He is a RMT'er who was banned for jeopardizing this great project. He also was a non-factor. I on the other hand tanked and looted the first Vulak on red99 where I was graced with the greatest pixels on the box by Gongshow and Aimchat.
First off : I was never banned on any account. EVER.
Secondly : You never tanked anything, your name isnt even on Incognito's hotkey bar (all of the tanks names were - just reference the picture I posted of the AOW server first kill)
Third : Publicly accusing people of RMT is stickied to be against the rules.

So, you were saying? I still have the characters I created 7 years ago.... You must be thinking of Tune. Who is banned on over 18 accounts and just recently got suspended on Shelz and Rnap for dual boxing (Tune is the leader of the current zerg on red)....

Look in the group, who was there?
I was there for everything, first of everything, and the end of everything. First Vulak to the Sleeper.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Doc Cottle: I find it absolutely amazing you people went to all the trouble to appear human, and didn't upgrade the plumbing.
Closed Thread