Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Aviak

Default Can't connect to server

So this weird problem just started happening yesterday after months of having no problems...

I load up the EQ client and type in my username and password. Then it says loading please wait for few seconds and comes back with "A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online"....so I click OK and it seems like eventually I keep trying and it lets me in.

Then if im lucky enough to get to server select screen, ill select P99 and when i press Play Everquest, it waits a few seconds(the expansion list stops moving for a second, then starts moving again) and i get an error message "An unknown error has occured". Again, i keep trying and it will eventually let me through....

If im even luckier to get to character select screen, ill choose my character and press enter world. The screen freezes here and doesnt load anymore. If im lucky, sometimes after waiting 5 minutes it lets me in.

IF I get passed that and am in game, i have 2000ms+ ping and constantly dropping connection.

This problem ONLY happens with EQ. I can watch 1080p videos on Youtube and access all other websites perfectly fine.

Ive tried using my universities wireless and ethernet connection and both have same problems...

Any suggestions?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not ignoring this thread, I just don't know the answer. It's not a blocked port, if eventually you do connect.

What day did you play last that it worked?
Old 10-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Aviak

this has happened again the last two nights...

it happens at a certain time. 9:30pm-1:00am EST. like i said before im on university internet connection so i cannot just restart a router. ive tried ipconfig /flushdns and that does nothing.

1 thing is true during this time. these are the peak hours for students using the university internet. but what i dont understand is why i can still surf the web at good speeds and have no problems elsewhere with my internet.

1 idea: maybe someone else at my university is playing P99 and some ip confliction is happening? ive tried the wireless and connected(ethernet) internet and i get 2 completely different ip addresses and still have this issue.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Aviak

Hmm another weird thing i notice is my ventrilo becomes very laggy during this time too
Old 10-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Aviak

i will be in game and notice my ping to go up to 700+ ms. i never disconnect but the game becomes unplayable and i must log out. and when i try to reconnect, the above problem happens
Old 10-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe426 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ip confliction is happening
When there is an Ip confliction, the server refuses connection to the second account logging in. So if you are connecting at all, that isn't the issue.

Still don't know how to help you.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

I've been having this problem for months, and it is a major factor as to why I haven't been playing. I can connect to tons of other games and internet things just fine. Can't play EQ anymore for some stupid, unknown reason.

Would love to find a cure as well.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been having this problem for months, and it is a major factor as to why I haven't been playing. I can connect to tons of other games and internet things just fine. Can't play EQ anymore for some stupid, unknown reason.

Would love to find a cure as well.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] it is happening again at this same time. still no solutions
Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Large Bat

I am also having this issue. I just did a fresh install of Titanium, after playing on THF, and followed the guide. I, however, cannot get past the log-in screen. Any thoughts since it seems that I am not connecting at all?
Old 11-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

What network cards are you all running with? This is a PC specific issue, since as OP states, he can't connect on any network, meaning it's a setting on the hardware/software side of the users PC.

Are you running any kind of anti-virus/firewall/whatever software on your computer while you try to connect to EQ? What version of windows are you running, and do you have all the updates installed?

Need more information. See FAQ thread and please fill out as much data as you can from the last FAQ point (where it describes how to file a new thread in tech discussion)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior