Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Default Cleric Melee (Lower levels)

Hi, I just started a cleric and got a Smoldering brand for a weapon a ok sheild and bronze armor, I buff my self and i can just blow thru mobs. I am lvl 7 now I just wanted to know that this isnt a very viable way later on right, like my melee will drop off but when will it ? Can I do this until 20's or so ?
Old 05-28-2015, 02:44 PM
Large Bat

The gear helps a ton with that at your levels.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Water_Sp...f_the_Forgiven
also a decent or affordable weapon for cleric
Old 05-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

I am still meleeing on my 22 cleric, but generally only on undead mobs because my weapon is a Bonethunder staff that procs Ward Undead. Once you get root (lvl 9), mobs close to your level start hitting a lot harder than you can unless you get a twink weapon. You'll always have to supplement your physical DPS with nukes.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am still meleeing on my 22 cleric, but generally only on undead mobs because my weapon is a Bonethunder staff that procs Ward Undead. Once you get root (lvl 9), mobs close to your level start hitting a lot harder than you can unless you get a twink weapon. You'll always have to supplement your physical DPS with nukes.
How long with Smoldering Brand last me till i have to change weapons ?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

15ish? Easily
Old 05-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

20ish in unrest?

I have a smoldering brand also. It is a great twink weapon.

My rl friend and I play a mage/cleric duo in our 20's right now. Because he is in charge of rooting adds and stunning casters, we refer to him as a battle cleric. He takes hits frequently.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Got 5/55 rings yet? Those will help a lot. After that, maybe those hp/mana jewelry? Maybe a hooded black cloak? An extra 300 hps will go a long way in helping you become a "battle cleric."

Shaman talisman buff, maybe a regen. A Dmg shield from a mag/druid and your self buffs

Ccan clerics wear a fungi? Get one of those
Old 05-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donruss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got 5/55 rings yet? Those will help a lot. After that, maybe those hp/mana jewelry? Maybe a hooded black cloak? An extra 300 hps will go a long way in helping you become a "battle cleric."

Shaman talisman buff, maybe a regen. A Dmg shield from a mag/druid and your self buffs

Ccan clerics wear a fungi? Get one of those
Right now I am Bronzed out (To my carry limit) , got my HP rings Hero Bracer / Smold brand / Mistymoore shield (Cheap and has dex for proc on smoldering brand).

Its working awesome right now, I was thinking smoldering brand is going to fade out at like 15 or so I could sell that and get a new weapon.

Now i have 450pp to move around if you think there is another item i should get hit me up. Because I like the battle cleric solo play, i will try and do it as long as i can.