Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Aviak

or you got a high lvl buff and have way ore hp than you normally should. whites and yellows are for groups only past lvl 4, basicaly.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Large Bat

Question: Is there anyway to rotate the camera in third person without character turning? Right now all i can do is hold right click and it turns my character as well as the camera. Other games have had it where if you hold left click or middle mouse or something you can rotate the camera while character maintains current direction.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghadius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question: Is there anyway to rotate the camera in third person without character turning? Right now all i can do is hold right click and it turns my character as well as the camera. Other games have had it where if you hold left click or middle mouse or something you can rotate the camera while character maintains current direction.
Have the char sit while you do it?
<Divinity>
Old 04-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Large Bat

nope when sitting only lets me move camera up and down, no left to right.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghadius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good question, i'd like to know also
Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
The answer is sort of. It is a seperate camera mode. You can cycle through all the camera modes by hitting F9. Each individual camera can be bound to whatever key, so I have the two free cameras bouind to z and x. You can control these with the numpad, and again you can rebind the controls.

I would suggest you have the two free cameras and the first person view hotkeyed (my first person is F). You wouldn't believe how nice all of these options are, and once you get used to setting up your free cameras you won't go without them.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not really the slowness of the first 4 levels that bothers me, but how everything has a 90% chance to kill me. I've made it a habit to always consider enemy mobs before I attack them, and I always attack the 'even fight' ones, but I still randomly deal 0 damage for, like, 85% of my attacks. All of my 4 characters died from the exact way, just an enemy mob getting a random stroke of luck, and interrupting all of spells/all my attacks dealing 0 damage. Is it always gonna be like this for any class?
It is hard on a lot of casters, since you aren't supposed to get hit but have no tank option. Fight blue cons, and depending on your starting area you can get buffs from friendly strangers. EQ leveling is all about the social aspect, so don't be afraid to just start groups killing whatever. Even if it is less xp in the end, grouping will keep you way safer and be more enjoyable in the long run.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM
VIP / Contributor

free bump to a good cause

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Orc

quick question pls ... can you only get 1 tradeskill over a certain level ? I seem to vaguely recall this

Cheers
Old 04-28-2014, 12:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

So, I rolled a erudite Necro but I can't get out of Paineel.
No, I didn't spawn with a a key.
Yes, I tried the skeleton guard near the rock. No prompt came up at all. keyz, i needz da keyz, give me a key, it just plain isn't working. What am I doing wrong?
Closed Thread