Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hit me up in game on Izini if you see me on. I am camped out in EC right now and need to get my new animation anyways. I'll invis you if you need it to get through.
I actually got lucky and the path was clear tonight. Thanks for the offer, though!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default I needz keyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigarza9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no dice, sadly. tried it with all nearby guards. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to say "I needz keyz" Make sure you say that exactly, I need keyz does not work, got to put the Z after need.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default boat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigarza9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I rolled a erudite Necro but I can't get out of Paineel.
No, I didn't spawn with a a key.
Yes, I tried the skeleton guard near the rock. No prompt came up at all. keyz, i needz da keyz, give me a key, it just plain isn't working. What am I doing wrong?
Just FYI it also seems the boat from Erudin to Qeynos is bugged. I just started playing again 2 nights ago (new to server) and also made an Eruidte Necro. The ferry takes you out to the boat but RIGHT before it gets there, the boat leaves before you can board. I tried this about 7 times. I even tried getting AS CLOSE as I could on the edge of the ferry and attempted to JUMP onto the boat as it was moving. After several attempts swimming back to the shore, I decided to go back to Tox and wait for a wizard to show up so I could beg for a port to the Karanas and walk to qeynos. Several hours later, finally made it and got bound in Qeynos hehe. Fun times!!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried a Gnome Necromancer, but everything would kill me so fast, and my Life Taps would get interrupted 99% of the time. Got any tips/help?
Yep the big thing is to buy your first pet spell at level 1, that way you can let pet tank and take turns fighting at first. What I did was save up gold for a backpack first ( if you don't get any containers to drop), then save all your space for rusty weapons to sell which drop frequently from decaying skeletons and sell for 1-2 gold.

Get pet spell ASAP and should make your life easier. Then slowly save up and keep buying more backpacks so you can hold more gear to sell for money faster ( Cavorting Bones - http://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer#Spells )

Now you can take turns tanking with your pet and not have to always take damage, and can cast without getting interrupted by just stepping back. Same thing once you get level 4, you will want to save up and purchase the level 4 PET FIRST (leering corpse).
Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Kobold

Anyone who needs help that is new to the server can message me either on the forums, or on any of my toons.

Imslap, Blaze, Pockett, Drald
Old 04-29-2014, 12:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to say "I needz keyz" Make sure you say that exactly, I need keyz does not work, got to put the Z after need.
doesn't work either. even hailing them doesn't prompt some dialog for me to type it in. i am utterly at a loss of what to do.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
doesn't work either. even hailing them doesn't prompt some dialog for me to type it in. i am utterly at a loss of what to do.
Very strange, it took me a while to find online the right thing to say because I couldnt get it at first either, and did not spawn with my char. But once I said "I needz keyz" I was finally able to get it... Said it to the guard on the left in the newbie zone where all the skeletons/rats and stuff were at.

I will make a new necro tonight and try it again to see if I can get it to work, and let you know how it goes.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
I just made a fresh character to try it out. You want to hail Guard Korlack, who is right at the elevator entrance. The phrase that got my key was "Need keyz".

It took a lot of stumbling in the dark, they just had to fix erudite night blindness.

P.S. Okuuuuuuuu!

Edit: I did this on red, will have to test on blue when I have a minute.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberbandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just made a fresh character to try it out. You want to hail Guard Korlack, who is right at the elevator entrance. The phrase that got my key was "Need keyz".

It took a lot of stumbling in the dark, they just had to fix erudite night blindness.

P.S. Okuuuuuuuu!

Edit: I did this on red, will have to test on blue when I have a minute.
Thank you! I didn't see the skeleton guards right near the rock. I did remember some higher level folk killing the guards there.. Maybe thats why.

Thank you very much!

PS: Thanks! I drew it, heh.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quick question pls ... can you only get 1 tradeskill over a certain level ? I seem to vaguely recall this

Cheers
Was combing through and realized this got missed. You can raise every tradeskill to max (200 iirc) no matter what, excluding class/race restricted crafts. Sounds like a thing that would have been added after PoP or something silly like that.
Closed Thread