Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdsm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't always see someone hiding over a hill waiting for you to expend all of your mana trying to kill this mob. And acts like that to me seem malicious.

PVP death is one thing and that is fine, but scumbagging like that with xp loss shouldn't be allowed.
Wot

Shit happens. It's incredibly easy to regain your xp back anyways.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 07-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually you can see people hiding over a hill 100% of the time if you take the time to look.
By that theory you could see where every player in the zone is, however not viable.

If you are medding because you drained your mana killing the previous spawn you can't run around looking for players constantly.

I understand this is a PVP server, I was just looking for somewhat an official stance on the subject.

Just need to grows some eyes in the back of my head obviously.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Your question was specific to someone attacking you while fighting a mob. I would suggest before you pull you're doing a /who in the zone and if there is someone you think might attack you, don't pull the mob.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

People will not wait for you to deal with pve before attacking. Dispelling charmed mobs, breaking mezes, ect all viable strays on this box
Old 07-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdsm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't always see someone hiding over a hill waiting for you to expend all of your mana trying to kill this mob. And acts like that to me seem malicious.

PVP death is one thing and that is fine, but scumbagging like that with xp loss shouldn't be allowed.
as long as they try to kill you, its legal
Old 07-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

this should be rnf has nothing to do with p99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
By that theory you could see where every player in the zone is, however not viable.

If you are medding because you drained your mana killing the previous spawn you can't run around looking for players constantly.

I understand this is a PVP server, I was just looking for somewhat an official stance on the subject.

Just need to grows some eyes in the back of my head obviously.
Play a ranger, problem is solved.

On the real, I imagine it goes down something like this. You are pulling a mob, which is you knowingly placing yourself in danger. You wouldn't engage a mob when you are at 10% hp because you'll die. You also wouldn't engage a mob with a thirsty wizard over your shoulder. A little creative pulling can go a long way to making sure you aren't ganked.

Now, for a situation like someone training or rooting a mob on top of you to cause xp loss. In that case the person is taking what you were safe from before (mobs you intentionally weren't engaging) and making them a threat to you. In PvP, players are allowed to engage other players, but it is against the spirit (and in this case the rules) to engage mobs onto other players.

Not a avid red player, but this is how I would look at the rule. The rules are intentionally gray so that the GM's can punish in valid situations, and be lenient in others. Don't be a douchecanoe and you will end up fine.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Banned

PvP on Everquest is appealing because it is open world.

...because there is a risk like this all of the time. We like the thrill of playing on R99 because at anytime someone can port in on us, log in on us, rush us while we are engaged in PvE etc.

The difference between good and bad is whether or not your prepared for it. You should always have escape spells on your bar, this isn't blue where you can load 6 buffs, a root and a nuke and be ok.

As a wizard you should always have gate+yonder on your bar, you should always have enough mana to use these spells, you should always have your rune on to give you those extra moments incase you get ganked.

As a druid/shaman you should always have cheetah and gate loaded, always have sow on.

Always have all of your buffs on. Always refresh your buffs. Have a good buff order so a single dispell doesnt remove your lev/run speed.

Constantly check /who. Bind /who to a move key, filter the text into it's own window. You should never be suprised by someone attacking you. You should know the moment they enter zone and begin preparing yourself for PvP. If that means stop pulling and med, then so be it. That is why we have increased EXP bonus, because we are PvPing + PvEing.

If you know the person in your zone is in your PvP range and you are tired of waiting for them to attack, go on the offensive and find them. Kick them out. It's your zone. It's your loot. It's your exp. Take what is yours.
Last edited by Mac Drettj; 07-09-2014 at 12:52 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

I used to jump people all the time on live like this, it gives you a tactical advantage, deal with it.

The rule is, as long as you still try to finish the guy, get the last hit, legal.

The problem with PnP is all kinds of details and refinements have been added by GMs in random posts that are not stickied on top.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

Attack him first, kill him, then kill your mob. errryone happy