Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

I think the main shortcoming of that old post that claims charm isn't worth it is that it is not a fact, but an opinion. If there was data, such as "I charmed 100 mobs and charm broke within the first minute 50% of the time," then it could be used to tune the numbers.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:06 AM
Sarnak

what data did the staff use to set their charm rates?
Old 11-16-2019, 02:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...A lot of classes have been nerfed that were OP in classic. If it is true Enchanter was like this, then fucking nerf it anyway. If it wasn't like this, then fucking nerf it...
Ok, so you seem to be confused about this project. They're not here trying to fix classic EQ, they're doing their best to recreate it given the limitations of an emulator and volunteer labor working on a passion project. It is their museum to classical EQ and they let us in the door to come play around and have fun, and man, I guess complaining about classes being OP on forums is as classic as can be, so I guess that's all part of the experience!

It is highly unlikely they nerf enchanter charm here without a good reason. The best reason would be the provision of evidence that it is not classic. They do other non classic things on occasion, but generally they are not arbitrary, and are usually related to easing the burden on their guide volunteers, or preventing people from "breaking" content in some sort of manner that the staff feel is against their vision of the spirit of classic EQ. I suppose you could try to make a case somehow along those lines, but I doubt youll be successful -- the much more likely path to success would be the classic evidence.
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 11-16-2019, 03:13 AM
Banned

im just gonna say it's very, very hard to believe that the people played on live who discovered tons of obscure shit were too stupid to notice that ENC can break the game with charms
Old 11-16-2019, 03:22 AM
Sarnak

We're never going to get a look inside the true classic values so the proof thing is moot either way. Instead we have to live with these arbitrary values that somebody pulled out of their ass that makes one class insanely overpowered. In Live you'd basically never have more than one chanter in a group, here I've been in several groups with 4 chanters and the dps is so far beyond any other class composition its ridiculous. Almost impossible to even take damage aside from one charm break every 5 minutes either. And I'm talking about level 20 groups on Teal or Green, with almost naked chanters.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:54 AM
Sarnak

Yes having played from just after launch in 99, I can say the charm I see on this server is nothing like how it was. It is stupid. It trivializes content, is broken OP and just ridiculous. It is the one thing I really hate about P99.

The only people who could possibly not want this changed are face rollers who want to continue to face roll their way through content. My question is, why aren't you playing Battle for Azeroth?

Hate it.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:56 AM
Banned

I'm sensing a lot of disgruntled melee players in this thread. If you enjoy melee in EQ, you are a mouthbreather.

That blurb from '99 sounds like some cleric's opinion on whether the chanter should Charm or not. Clerics in '99 were some slope-shouldered dude's fat wife or scabrous GF with the situational awareness of a mushroom. Apparently their husbands got old and now have opinions in this thread.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

My first character was an enchanter on fennin ro on launch. Charm broke a lot and definitely was not reliable. It definitely wasn't a strategy that I used to level up.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't know what I was doing on my first character with no gear or information so this guy is totally BTFO.
k
Old 11-16-2019, 05:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another Enchanter whiner probably. Invested into this broken mechanic and terrified that it will be fixed and they'll have to play EQ like it was intended again.
Newsflash: Brad McQuaid and Co. is and always was shit at game design. The only classes remotely interesting or engaging to play in this game are the solo classes. The rest are for people substituting MMOs for social lives. Your grouped melee toons and clerics are never going to be fun again because your 2019 group mates are tabbed out to alleviate the boredom; they don't GAF about you or your 20-year-old pixel lusts. Hell, I already can't stand you and all I read was your insipid OP.
Closed Thread