Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't even matter if there is no evidence.
ya i think i'm done here. good luck with your all caps screaming and crying buddy
Old 11-24-2019, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya i think i'm done here. good luck with your all caps screaming and crying buddy
Lmao, right? “It doesn’t matter I want what I want”
Old 11-24-2019, 11:13 PM
Kobold

two sides are fighting.

1. Charm mechanics are not classic! We know this bc of anecdotal evidence! (and we don't like it)

2. Charm mechanics are classic! We know this bc of anecdotal evidence! (and we like it)
Old 11-24-2019, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
two sides are fighting.

1. Charm mechanics are not classic! We know this bc of anecdotal evidence! (and we don't like it)

2. Charm mechanics are classic! We know this bc of anecdotal evidence! (and we like it)
TBH, I wouldn’t care if they change the charm mechanics at all, but only if they do so based on actual real evidence
Old 11-25-2019, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

I literally played an enchanter, starting about the time that Kunark came out and literally charm solo'd as an enchanter when I couldn't find a group. I was like 14 years old at the time, but you can't tell me it didn't happen. I wasn't even the only one, I distinctly remember having to regularly compete with other enchanters who were also charm soloing hill giants in rathe mountains.

I haven't tried out charm on P99, but people like OP who are saying that charming wasn't viable in classic are wrong.
Last edited by TripSin; 11-25-2019 at 12:36 AM..
Old 11-25-2019, 12:24 AM
Kobold

Literally? You don't mean figuratively? Like you're saying you solo'd an enchanter as some kind of metaphor or something?

Kidding. Sorry.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally? You don't mean figuratively? Like you're saying you solo'd an enchanter as some kind of metaphor or something?

Kidding. Sorry.
Literally! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2019, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

It's going to be pretty much impossible to get concrete data about charm from back in the day. I do think it's likely, however, that it used to break at least somewhat more commonly. I remember Enchanters in their high 40's getting a lot of breaks when trying to charm level 40 mobs (the original gate guards at cities).

Charm back in the day was definitely not used to the extent, and with the widespread ease, that it is now. Enchanters usually didn't permanently charm a pet back then. They would charm something to throw into another mob, let them beat on each other, and then the group (or themself solo with a DD spell) would finish off both mobs when they got low. It wasn't until Velious era that Enchanters were more commonly using Charm for reliably longer lasting pet, which could mean 2 other factors as well - a lot more Enchanters being high 50's/60 at that point, increasing the level gap of what a low blue con mob would be, and also how high their CHA was.

Either way, Charm as it's used now would have been nerfed back then, had the game evolved quickly enough for the devs to target the problem. The argument about Necromancers on Green being nerfed from what they actually were in classic is an extremely good argument for why Enchanters should also be nerfed.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EVIDENCE DOESN'T MATTER, ENCHANTER NEEDS TO BE NERFED SAME AS NECRO AND OTHER CLASSES THAT AREN'T GETTING CLASSIC BEHAVIOR DUE TO GAME IMPACT.

Get it through your thick fucking skull. You've been here crying no evidence now probably 30 times. It doesn't even matter if there is no evidence. Enchanter should still be nerfed. Why does Necro not get to be the uber class that every group stands back and heals their pet? That is how it was in actual classic EQ. Necro was nerfed. Enchanter needs to be nerfed.
Oh ok, if you say so. Since you used BIG LETTERS AND ALL CAPS im sure the staff will get right on implementing your very persuasive argument!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 11-25-2019, 09:35 AM
Kobold

Hopefully staff can cut through the noise from pixel-poisoned enchanters in this thread, and they remove the un-classic on-tick charm break bonus from CHA.
Closed Thread