Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschuder02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This "me, me, me" mentality is the issue. This issue goes far beyond this situation as well.

I had been in that spot for a while (skilling up Divination/seling) before this guy came along without anyone voicing any objections. I have done this many, many times before in the same spot without anyone voicing any objections. This guy comes along and has a problem with it. But, instead of taking actions (for himself) to fix his problems/annoyances he wanted me to take actions to fix HIS annoyance/problem.

Here's how it should have gone (which I have done myself more than once not just in game, but IRL):

1.Person walks into a situation that they have a problem with or are annoyed with.
2.Person takes their own actions to fix said problems/annoyances instead of demanding others in the situation, that was going on before they got there (where no one else was annoyed or had problems), take actions to accommodate their annoyances.

That is how any normal thinking person would have handled it.

Only 1 other person had a problem with it, and stated so in /say, after the first person made it an issue. None of this was in tells. The originator of the issue took it to /ooc to get more people on his side (I assume that was his reasoning behind taking it to /ooc, anyway). I asked him to send me tells and keep it out of /ooc to avoid disrupting /ooc for the rest of the zone. He did not. Kept on complaining in /ooc.
The hilariously delicious irony dripping from your post is unreal, this must be a master class in trolling.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

I've spammed spells in EC to skillup while auctioning stuff many times. Honestly it hasn't ever occured to me NOT to move off to the side to not mildly annoy people when I do it. Like, seriously, it just seems like the 8 seconds to move to one side of the tunnel and be considerate of my fellow elf-nerds was common courtesy.

OP, none of this is a big deal, who really cares, but the fact that you had to come here and make a post about it after multiple people asked you to stop and then a GM intervened, I dunno, maybe don't get defensive and just think to yourself, hey, don't I already have my answer?
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 11-30-2019, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

There is a well-known precedent that folks are not supposed to spam spells in the EC Tunnel; not only to avoid chat box spam but also due to spell effects slowing down others’ machines. It’s ok that OP didn’t know about it before. Now he knows. Try not to pile on, guys.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschuder02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was at the entrance to EC tunnel (where I always am when selling) selling an item. While I was there I was skilling up Divination (I always skilll up skills while selling even on Blue). I was casting it over and over again as you do when trying to get skill ups. I was asked (politely, yes) to move because it was bothering this one particular player. I ignored them and kept skilling up. I have done this same exact thing on numerous occasions and no complaints.

Well, this player got increasingly more adamant about me moving because it was bothering him and cluttering up his chat window (apparently he uses one window). I didn't move. One other person complained about it as well. So now we're up to 2 complaining. I guess these 2 sent petitions and I was contacted by a GM/Guide.

This was his initial message to me: "stop".

He didn't say who he was (that he was a GM or a Guide) or asked what was going on; he simply just said "stop". To keep this short and I will get to the point. I was eventually moved to a different spot close to the tunnel entrance.

To me, this sets a very bad precedent. You can be petitioned for doing something that is a part of the game and a GM/Guide will be on their side. So, if you want to skill up skills you had better not be around anyone that can see your messages, because you might get petitioned.
Quote:
Yeah, I guess so. I am still in shock that anyone complained. I have been on Blue for years and years and now on Green/Teal and have done this same exact thing countless times. No one ever complained. This one time I get petitioned and the Guide/GM bowed down to this baby and moved me. Bad precedent set. Spamming spells (for skill ups) is a VERY important part of the game.
Quote:
Pretty much.
Quote:
This "me, me, me" mentality is the issue. This issue goes far beyond this situation as well.

I had been in that spot for a while (skilling up Divination/seling) before this guy came along without anyone voicing any objections. I have done this many, many times before in the same spot without anyone voicing any objections. This guy comes along and has a problem with it. But, instead of taking actions (for himself) to fix his problems/annoyances he wanted me to take actions to fix HIS annoyance/problem.

Here's how it should have gone (which I have done myself more than once not just in game, but IRL):

1.Person walks into a situation that they have a problem with or are annoyed with.
2.Person takes their own actions to fix said problems/annoyances instead of demanding others in the situation, that was going on before they got there (where no one else was annoyed or had problems), take actions to accommodate their annoyances.

That is how any normal thinking person would have handled it.

Only 1 other person had a problem with it, and stated so in /say, after the first person made it an issue. None of this was in tells. The originator of the issue took it to /ooc to get more people on his side (I assume that was his reasoning behind taking it to /ooc, anyway). I asked him to send me tells and keep it out of /ooc to avoid disrupting /ooc for the rest of the zone. He did not. Kept on complaining in /ooc.
Stop.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:33 PM
Aviak

It's 2019, and you're playing a game from 1999. I think it's safe to say yall are damn adults, right?
Old 11-30-2019, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Both you and the person who reported you could have taken very minor actions to correct this issue. You're both stubborn asses who dug in their heels and caused an issue for a guide. Well done.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
I was at the entrance to EC tunnel (where I always am when selling) selling an item. While I was there I was skilling up Divination (I always skilll up skills while selling even on Blue). I was casting it over and over again as you do when trying to get skill ups. I was asked (politely, yes) to move because it was bothering this one particular player. I ignored them and kept skilling up. I have done this same exact thing on numerous occasions and no complaints.

Well, this player got increasingly more adamant about me moving because it was bothering him and cluttering up his chat window (apparently he uses one window). I didn't move. One other person complained about it as well. So now we're up to 2 complaining. I guess these 2 sent petitions and I was contacted by a GM/Guide.

This was his initial message to me: "stop".

He didn't say who he was (that he was a GM or a Guide) or asked what was going on; he simply just said "stop". To keep this short and I will get to the point. I was eventually moved to a different spot close to the tunnel entrance.

To me, this sets a very bad precedent. You can be petitioned for doing something that is a part of the game and a GM/Guide will be on their side. So, if you want to skill up skills you had better not be around anyone that can see your messages, because you might get petitioned.
This is what’s wrong with America.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:11 PM
Banned

Skilling up while auctioning is being efficient. Although I don't see why you wouldn't stand at T1 or something.

Right click chat window > new window > filter spell effects.
Alt + O and turn spell effects down or walk 10 feet to a different area if you're playing on a potato.

Also I like EQ sounds and shiny particles, not sarcasm.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Hazek; 11-30-2019 at 06:20 PM..
Old 11-30-2019, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are forgetting that many of the players in EC are running multiple instances of the client and spamming spells not only creates machine lag, but also causes player confusion as to which instance of the client requires attention.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

whoever complained about you casting a spell is literally worse than hitler and probably a nazi
Closed Thread