Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks. In the end, this was virtually plug and play for me (I just really didn't know what I was doing with Mac and all this Wine stuff).

Just to be clear for anyone trying this -- the wrap in the dropbox does not have the p99 patch files applied. You'll need to apply those by opening "package contents" and going into the folder.

I also got some errror about info.plist and permissions; I was able to fix this by moving the package directly to my desktop. It didn't work from a folder in my desktop -- I had to put it right on the desktop.
I'm getting this same info.plist error when using Nyme's wrapper, but don't understand what exactly you're having on your desktop to fix it? I've added the wineskin's entire package to the desktop along with each individual folder and none of those attempts worked. just getting the same error
Old 01-17-2020, 09:34 AM
Aviak

Has anyone had success getting this to run on macOS Catalina w/ the wineskin? I'm hoping to avoid creating another VM to run p99!
Old 01-18-2020, 10:27 AM
Aviak

I have been able to log in, but all I see is the sky/rain, and no floor/walls - they are all grey. Anyone have a fix for this?
Old 01-18-2020, 11:45 AM
Large Bat

Default how to update for a mac

you need to install updates file by file. if you try to update by cnp entire directories they will overwrite, not just replace the new files. You are now missing files. re-install old titanium, then add the update at the file by file level, not at the directory level.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:54 AM
Orc

Default zsh

It looks like with Catalina the default shell has been changed to zsh instead of bash. The Wineskin package I've been running must use bash and when I run it throws a message about zsh. It looks like it's possible to change the overall default shell back to bash and I think it might run but I'm wary of changing basic settings on my Mac to run this game. Anyone have any thoughts? Would the correct approach be for a Catalina version of Wineskin-EQ be made using zsh?
Old 01-19-2020, 08:27 AM
Orc

I went in to my system preferences and saw that my default shell was still set to bash. I changed that to zsh. Now when I run Wineskin the initial terminal window that pops up does not give me any kind of warning message, but nothing happens after that. I wonder if the coder of the Wineskin is calling bash (I assume so?)
Old 02-06-2020, 01:47 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I got the game running on my Mac with Mojave, played for a couple of hours until I died, game crashed and now the app won't open. No message, just simply won't open after double clicking it or selecting open in the menu. Anyone have similar issues?
Old 02-06-2020, 06:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got the game running on my Mac with Mojave, played for a couple of hours until I died, game crashed and now the app won't open. No message, just simply won't open after double clicking it or selecting open in the menu. Anyone have similar issues?
How did you get it running?

I've tested doing the update file by file. I've found out that the last file that would stop the app from opening is the "dsetup.dll" file. If I cope this over, it wont open.

Did you do anything specific with the wine engine you're running?

I'm running 10.13.6 High Sierra. Been running EQ for years, never had a problem.

Should I get a new wine skin going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having trouble getting Wineskin to open after I add in patch files...

I haven't played in a few months since right before Green was released. I tried to open today with no luck.

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled according to the standard YouTUbe video I've followed about a dozen times to do this. But this time, when I get the patch files installed, Wineskin opens shortcut menu but just sits there for 15-20 minutes, then it closes with nothing happening.

When I start the wineskin up before adding patch files to get the client.ini file to be created, it starts up as usual. It's only after I add the patch files that it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Any suggestions?
I'm having the same experience. Worked pre green, now I can't make it go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by paronga; 02-06-2020 at 06:25 AM..
Old 02-06-2020, 08:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by paronga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you get it running?

I've tested doing the update file by file. I've found out that the last file that would stop the app from opening is the "dsetup.dll" file. If I cope this over, it wont open.

Did you do anything specific with the wine engine you're running?

I'm running 10.13.6 High Sierra. Been running EQ for years, never had a problem.

Should I get a new wine skin going?

I'm having the same experience. Worked pre green, now I can't make it go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Downloaded Nyme's wrapper, copied over the patch file by file, app takes forever to verify, once verified it works.

Still crashes when I die so I end up having to re-install everything and start fresh. Super frustrating, will probably just quit the damn game if I can't get it figured out.

are you saying to remove "setup.dll" and it will re open? By the way it tries to open, loads in the dock and then dissapears.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

If you have an issue with getting the .app to open and you're on High Sierra or Mojave, try turning off the 'Auto Detect GPU info for Direct3D' setting. Here's how to do that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right click the .app & click Show Package Content

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Click on Wineskin.app

Click Set Screen Option

Uncheck Auto Detect GPU info for Direct3D

If that doesn't fix anything or if your issue is only that you can't relaunch the app after it has crashed, it sounds pretty similar to a common problem people have on windows where some process is still hanging. You can open 'Activity Monitor' and look for the name of your EQ .app and force them to quit by clicking on them and then the 'x' in the top left.

Here's a screenshot of the relevant process you'd look for. For example: my everquest wine .app is named P99: