Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default Necromancer Spell Lines Page

Not sure if this will be useful to anyone, but it bothered me that I couldn't easily tell what DoTs to use at each level as a Necromancer, so I made the https://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer_Spell_Lines page.

As always I would love any feedback (positive or negative) anyone has.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Nice.I like it. You might want to double check the numbers on the top reference chart however. I think you tricked yourself with your own attempt to add some additional information with damage per second on the disease line, as you listed some of the diseases by damage per second instead of damage per mana.

Additionally, one of the headers in the columns is wrong for the life drain series. You have damage per minute instead of damage per mana.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice.I like it. You might want to double check the numbers on the top reference chart however. I think you tricked yourself with your own attempt to add some additional information with damage per second on the disease line, as you listed some of the diseases by damage per second instead of damage per mana.

Additionally, one of the headers in the columns is wrong for the life drain series. You have damage per minute instead of damage per mana.
Nice catches, thanks!

Fixed both.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Very cool loramin thanks!!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 05-10-2020, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

This is great. Can you somehow get dot damage back for us too? Lol
Old 05-13-2020, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this will be useful to anyone, but it bothered me that I couldn't easily tell what DoTs to use at each level as a Necromancer, so I made the https://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer_Spell_Lines page.

As always I would love any feedback (positive or negative) anyone has.
Made one of these on google sheets back for my necro during blue.
I like yours alot, mine is not anywhere near as good as far as the info goes. The main thing I made mine for was to put a scale of "time" on the top so I could visually see DoT1+DoT2+DoT3 = this much mana cost, this much damage over x many ticks, mostly to help with 50% dmg requirement on pets, or even just to know generally if i was wasting mana casting an extra dot i didnt need.

I like the aspect of yours that shows you availability per level, helps to know when you can use old spells to meet dmg requirements or be more mana efficient. Nice job.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made one of these on google sheets back for my necro during blue.
I like yours alot, mine is not anywhere near as good as far as the info goes. The main thing I made mine for was to put a scale of "time" on the top so I could visually see DoT1+DoT2+DoT3 = this much mana cost, this much damage over x many ticks, mostly to help with 50% dmg requirement on pets, or even just to know generally if i was wasting mana casting an extra dot i didnt need.

I like the aspect of yours that shows you availability per level, helps to know when you can use old spells to meet dmg requirements or be more mana efficient. Nice job.
Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW, if anyone ever wants to add a "DoT by Time" table, I think that'd be a great addition. The difficult part though would just be the fact that it's a lot of data to display (I'm guessing your spreadsheet only did certain levels or certain spells ... or was very big).

But if anyone could find a way to show that data concisely, I'd love to see it!

Old 05-13-2020, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW, if anyone ever wants to add a "DoT by Time" table, I think that'd be a great addition. The difficult part though would just be the fact that it's a lot of data to display (I'm guessing your spreadsheet only did certain levels or certain spells ... or was very big).

But if anyone could find a way to show that data concisely, I'd love to see it!
I'll see if I can find a logical way. In case your curious here's the sheet. I didn't start it til lvl 30 or something so it's not complete but basically it's lined up so I could see after x time how much total dmg I'd do with combinations of dots. Also has invoke fear duration at bottom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Far from perfect and alot of missing spells, but you get the idea.
Last edited by zaneosak; 05-13-2020 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Fixed link share
Old 05-13-2020, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

I made a similar one awhile back in case it helps you at all!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=337165

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread