Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mathematically I can't see how this works out for Pallies to have any DPS advantage.
Sorry to be the annoying pally here. Totally not related to warriors which are awesome, won’t disagree there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First capping Str is easy for melee on a raid. Focus or Maniacal Strength + Focus will do it easy. A Y4 at 40 Strength and you only need like 150 unbuffed. Easy.

Second while Y4 won’t stack with Grim Aura or Major Shielding it stacks with everthing else. By my math Grim Aura is 10 attk and Y4 is 42 attk (capped Str).

What’s 32 attack on raid targets? A third of avatar. A big deal.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to be the annoying pally here. Totally not related to warriors which are awesome, won’t disagree there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First capping Str is easy for melee on a raid. Focus or Maniacal Strength + Focus will do it easy. A Y4 at 40 Strength and you only need like 150 unbuffed. Easy.

Second while Y4 won’t stack with Grim Aura or Major Shielding it stacks with everthing else. By my math Grim Aura is 10 attk and Y4 is 42 attk (capped Str).

What’s 32 attack on raid targets? A third of avatar. A big deal.

If capping str is easy on a raid, the str on Yaulp4 is useless. count both the SK and Pal as str maxed, and then yaulp4 is worth 17 ATK and 15 AC, which i was just sayin was about the same as grim aura for DPS (grim aura is 10 ATK). A wash for dps, does not describe the DPS discrepancy quoted by the gentleman earlier.

Recap: str - capped both for Pal and SK unless real noobs.
ATR - within a few points, either way (5 offense to SK, slight yaulp advantage over grim aura for pal)
weapons - about same
Spells - lifetaps are all that are going to land when raid DPS is being calculated, small SK advantage (the proc form mostly, dont think casting them will really be a good substitution for swinging)
Specials (LOH vs harm touch) - slight SK avantage
Pet - zero very slight adv SK

If those rankings were accurate, then the Pal numbers can only be from superior level or superior playskill, but not mathematically from the game stats that i can come up with. I'm trying to learn, not suggesting i actually know squat about endgame aside from forum lurking and wiki.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

The wiki is wrong. Surprised?

Like I said...
989 attack with 157str
1005 attack with 175str (DW leggy, Spirit Strenth)
1083 attack with 215 str (Yaulp4)
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-09-2020 at 10:41 PM..
Old 06-10-2020, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Taps adds an easy 10 dps that does not appear on your parse narshe... Beats any benefit that y4 might add... And tbh, I am wondering if the y4 cast time worth the atk on a 4tick buff... It's only 17atk vs...
And yes, I am talking raid there, so max str, max dex, avatar, cotp...
Old 06-10-2020, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

How does Strength affect your damage output in melee? I would assume it's only a small increase because I never see anyone recommending to gear for Strength on classes like Bards, Rangers, Knights, even Warriors.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

Strength increases attack, and attack increases your average damage over time.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strength increases attack, and attack increases your average damage over time.
Wow, and here I thought Attack raised your accuracy, aka your chance to hit.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

Strength massively increase damage... The reason no one counsel to put str points is that most melee gear has +str, if you add fos, str buff and possibly avatar, there's no way not to be str capped...
Old 06-10-2020, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, and here I thought Attack raised your accuracy, aka your chance to hit.
I would need some evidence to suggest that attack increases your damage. Strength and weapon skill are the only two things I've ever seen increase damage. Offense, for instance, raises your attack rating but does not increase your damage.

I have a weapon I still need to raise, maybe I'll explore this more tonight.
Last edited by Kich867; 06-10-2020 at 09:05 AM..
Old 06-10-2020, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Your weapon has a damage interval that it has a chance to hit in with each hit. Higher attack skews your average hit higher in that damage interval.

You won't be hitting harder, you'll just be hitting higher more often which increases your damage per second.