Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

As I understand disc’s can’t be bash interrupted. Likewise proc rates are dev coded ppm whether stunned, slowed, or bashed.

Yea amazing melee stat distribution and easy to see as a raid MT are the two biggest perks.

FSI for warriors is probably less important than either other caster ogre class. Possibly most with SK trying to split a room.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-13-2020 at 05:15 PM..
Old 06-13-2020, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Careful, it can make a warrior lazy.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think with white damage it's terrible impressive, sinnce the stun doesn't reset your swing timers.

It was pretty useful for leashing raid mobs back in the day, though.. er that term never caught on, but leashing was getting mob stuck/parked in a a very specific spot.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One other point I’ll mention, though it might be implied by the topic. I’d think less time stunned per minute equals more swings and therefore more white dmg aggro per minute.
Remember that each swing generates the same amount of aggro whether you hit or miss. The amount for which you hit doesn't affect aggro. It's just your weapon's damage + mainhand damage bonus if applicable = aggro per swing. Hit, miss, hit for minimum damage, hit for maximum damage, same aggro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I’m less sure about is chance to proc. I’ve always heard the calculation for an individual swing’s chance to proc is based off of the proc rate (roughly dex*weapon modifier) divides by swings per minute. I think swings per minute is just weapon speed modified by haste and that actual more time swinging would result in more procs. Since FSI increases how many actual swings you’d have per minute you’d proc more increasing overall aggro.
Haste doesn't increase proc rate. It actually decreases the chance any given swing will proc.

Procs per minute is based on dex. PPM remains the same when you get hasted or slowed. The game recalculates based on your current attack speed. If you hit faster, you proc less often; if you hit slower, you proc more often. Procs per minute doesn't change.

When people get Earthshakers, they'll /duel a shaman or enc and get slowed in order to be more likely to proc on the first hit.
Last edited by Videri; 06-13-2020 at 05:35 PM..
Old 06-13-2020, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre = best warrior race in my opinion.
all creation points DEX
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:08 AM
Kobold

Anyone not rolling ogre warrior is doing it purely for fashion. The huge stats, slam, FSI - it's a clear winner.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone not rolling ogre warrior is doing it purely for fashion. The huge stats, slam, FSI - it's a clear winner.
Hmm. Not sure about that. iksar/troll are still good choices for anyone who wants to solo sometimes. Then you have halflings with the exp bonus and hide/sneak.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:27 AM
Sarnak

Iksar is best everything.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe for very casual players. At 6hps/stam for a warrior uncapped 30 points is 180 hps. Not exactly game breaking.

There is no difference once well geared between an ogre and a gnome minus the FSI. Dwarves, Trolls, Barbs, are not far off in the str/stam categories. Especially not with any decent gear.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

My barb warrior has been 60 for some years now and i was able to max 255 strength/stamina/dexterity with buffs a long time ago. Shorty races may take a bit more effort for str/sta but its really not that hard with lvl 60 shaman buffs. At the very endgame you are gearing for +100 hp items and MR