Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Aviak

Default Hide/Sneak

Has anyone else had a problem with hide randomly breaking when sneaking around? I have noticed it happening to my rogue over the past month or so, inevitably leading to a death and not fun CR

Aretraes - 30 something Bard
Harmonium - 50 something Rogue

Seith - 65 Bard Xev Server - Velious>LDoN era
http://www.twitch.tv/spaceframe
Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

post about it in bug section i think.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

does it give you the success message but your still visible or does the hide button randomly depop and you come into vision?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does it give you the success message but your still visible or does the hide button randomly depop and you come into vision?
I'll be successfully hide/sneaking around a dungeon, when I will get a message saying I have moved and are no longer hidden and get aggro. This just happened in HS, I had conned the mobs I was walking past when it happened and both were indifferent.

Aretraes - 30 something Bard
Harmonium - 50 something Rogue

Seith - 65 Bard Xev Server - Velious>LDoN era
http://www.twitch.tv/spaceframe
Old 02-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

I had this happen on my rogue several times in the past however i think it was due to a mouse issue.

I usually turn with rightclick / mouselook and in doing so if there is a corpse anywhere nearby at all it would tend to break hide via me right clicking some random fatties corpse that has been sitting in a dungeon for weeks.

Not sure if this is the issue or not as I no longer play a rogue and they just did some changes to see invis however it might be worth a shot to try just keyboard turning at least while sneaking
Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had this happen on my rogue several times in the past however i think it was due to a mouse issue.

I usually turn with rightclick / mouselook and in doing so if there is a corpse anywhere nearby at all it would tend to break hide via me right clicking some random fatties corpse that has been sitting in a dungeon for weeks.
This sounds familiar, I remember having the same problem leveling my rogue but i cant remember what the fix or the root problem was. sorry i couldnt be of more help shes since retired

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Large Rat

Aren't hide and sneak 2 separate skills? My understanding was that hide is for when you are standing still, but breaks when you move. Sneak is for moving around slowly while staying invis. However, since both are skills and can be trained, both can be broken randomly.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't hide and sneak 2 separate skills? My understanding was that hide is for when you are standing still, but breaks when you move. Sneak is for moving around slowly while staying invis. However, since both are skills and can be trained, both can be broken randomly.
edit: sorry i misread, they are skills, but one you get a success message, they dont or shouldnt break (or at least they hadnt broken on me in 34 levels).

I noticed this happen a couple of times two nights ago in unrest. Random unhide after successful hide/sneak. appears to be happening to sneak, i.e. sneak breaks and subsequently so does hide because you are moving.
Last edited by Farkle; 02-25-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Large Rat

Here is a useful write-up on the skill. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/skills.html?skill=31
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Practically never happens to me. Sneak first, hide second. Make sure you have both confirmations. AEs break it, trading breaks it, right clicking on corpses breaks it, Xygoz trained on you breaks it, looting breaks it, pickpocketing breaks H/S. Sneak can rarely fail too.

Pretty much if your invis breaks, it usually means you screwed up. I'm not saying it's bug free, but if you're careful.. it's bug free.
Closed Thread