Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Large Bat

Default PVP Server rules - Mob camp question

This should be pretty short and sweet.

For example:
Let's say you are camping a mob. I understand that it is competitive for the camp (you can kill each other for it).

But what if a player waits for you to start attacking the mob and then attacks you - which may or may not result in an XP death. Is this allowed?

I feel like the answer "should" be this is not allowed.

Any insight much appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Banned

yes this is allowed
Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Large Bat

When/if the mob kills you it will result in an XP death - this seems pretty intentional to me. The person attacking you knows that the mob will be hitting you and can result in a death.

To quote Rogean:

Causing Experience Loss.

Intentionally causing experience-loss to other players in the PvP environment is illegal in all cases and may result in disciplinary action when witnessed by a P99CSR. This includes things such as intentionally training NPCs. We do understand that there are cases where the experience-loss is unintentional, and no disciplinary action will be taken in those cases.

Much like how the Kill Stealing rule applies to those on the blue servers, this rule is designed to discourage and make note of those who do it habitually, thus betraying the spirit of PvP. As a note, the P99CSR will not in any case provide a resurrection for someone who was caused experience loss in PvP, intentionally or otherwise. This is one of the dangers of playing on a PvP server.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Banned

interesting i seem to remember a certain yabo getting experience restored on a pvp server after suffering some pvp deaths
to1xici1ty t1oo
Old 07-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

This post makes me want xp loss on pvp again.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

don't attack the mob if someone is waiting for u to do so..
Old 07-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't attack the mob if someone is waiting for u to do so..
You can't always see someone hiding over a hill waiting for you to expend all of your mana trying to kill this mob. And acts like that to me seem malicious.

PVP death is one thing and that is fine, but scumbagging like that with xp loss shouldn't be allowed.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdsm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When/if the mob kills you it will result in an XP death - this seems pretty intentional to me. The person attacking you knows that the mob will be hitting you and can result in a death.

To quote Rogean:

Causing Experience Loss.

Intentionally causing experience-loss to other players in the PvP environment is illegal in all cases and may result in disciplinary action when witnessed by a P99CSR. This includes things such as intentionally training NPCs. We do understand that there are cases where the experience-loss is unintentional, and no disciplinary action will be taken in those cases.

Much like how the Kill Stealing rule applies to those on the blue servers, this rule is designed to discourage and make note of those who do it habitually, thus betraying the spirit of PvP. As a note, the P99CSR will not in any case provide a resurrection for someone who was caused experience loss in PvP, intentionally or otherwise. This is one of the dangers of playing on a PvP server.
The stance from the CSRs here has always been that if PVE deaths happen in the course of PVP so be it. If you're rooting someone next to mobs on purpose to exp loss them repeatedly or something that is a different situation.

In your scenario a person is in the zone waiting for another person to engage...I'd say the person engaging the mob should keep a closer eye on the /who list.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

It's legal bud. They have to "try" to kill you though. I don't think they can root ya then walk away, but casting a lvl 1 nuke or shooting 1 arrow is probably sufficient to not get banned.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdsm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't always see someone hiding over a hill waiting for you to expend all of your mana trying to kill this mob. And acts like that to me seem malicious.

PVP death is one thing and that is fine, but scumbagging like that with xp loss shouldn't be allowed.
Actually you can see people hiding over a hill 100% of the time if you take the time to look.
Closed Thread