Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 09:43 PM
Aviak

Default resists/cha etc

How different is green vs blue? I literally keep getting critical resists on light blue mobs for calm at level 21. In this most recent case, 2 of the 3 mobs that came after a crit calm resist resisted color stun twice in a row and I died.

Is this level dependent or is blue easier on resists? I played an enchanter on blue and never had issues this bad.

As an enchanter can we ever really rely on calm?

I have 180 CHA with buffs.

BTW I also love when people say charm killing is overpowered. Honestly, for me, its a white knuckle ride the entire time and barely works.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsbars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How different is green vs blue? I literally keep getting critical resists on light blue mobs for calm at level 21. In this most recent case, 2 of the 3 mobs that came after a crit calm resist resisted color stun twice in a row and I died.

Is this level dependent or is blue easier on resists? I played an enchanter on blue and never had issues this bad.

As an enchanter can we ever really rely on calm?

I have 180 CHA with buffs.

BTW I also love when people say charm killing is overpowered. Honestly, for me, its a white knuckle ride the entire time and barely works.
Are you sure your attacking the lowest blue cons possible? That's important. Aim for lowest blues but not greens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] level is always the biggest factor for charm

For lulls charisma has a huge effect on critical resists
Last edited by Cen; 05-05-2020 at 08:10 AM..
Old 05-05-2020, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

The game first checks your level versus the target's level to determine whether the spell is resisted. Then, if it's resisted, it checks charisma to see whether the resist is a critical resist (aggro) or a regular resist (nothing happens).

From https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=339224:

Quote:
Lull spells only check charisma if inital cast is resisted to see if mob will aggro
Old 05-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

probably due to your level — 21. At lower levels the range between what you kill for exp is drastically smaller than when youre higher level which seems to have a huge effect on resists overall. Everything becomes much more reliable at higher levels as a result. If your blue character is higher level I would almost guarantee this is the source of your frustration

My necro on green basically gave up on using (undead only) root for dungeon soloing around your level because it was such a random shitshow of breaks while at higher levels a root is basically a guaranteed full duration hold if you dont break it via dd
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 05-05-2020, 11:18 AM
Aviak

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. Seems like there aren't any differences that would affect charm/lull between green and blue? Also sounds like its probably an issue with my lower level causing a smaller delta between me and blue con mobs. Maybe I should try to group up and get a little higher first :P
Old 05-05-2020, 11:32 AM
Banned

light blue mobs not classic
Old 05-05-2020, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game first checks your level versus the target's level to determine whether the spell is resisted. Then, if it's resisted, it checks charisma to see whether the resist is a critical resist (aggro) or a regular resist (nothing happens).

From https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=339224:
Not quite. Critical resist is checked first.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite. Critical resist is checked first.
What makes you think that? The link I posted indicates that it works otherwise on EQEmu. It's an important question, so I tried to look it up, and all the info I could find says it checks resist first, then crit resist. I'd be curious to see any source that says otherwise.

Here is a dev post indicating that it works as I described: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=23

Perhaps there's a way this can be tested.
Last edited by Videri; 05-05-2020 at 01:27 PM..
Old 05-05-2020, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

You always have chance for a critical resist, so it's always going to have to make that calculation. Would be wasteful coding to do it last.
Closed Thread