Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 04:32 AM
Kobold

Smile Sebilis Solo Dungeon Crawl - Melee

Hi all,

I have a challenge for you guys. Please help me theorycraft the absolute min/max class, race and starting stats for the best possible melee that could solo crawl Old Sebilis and take out a named, self-buffed.

Let's assume we don't use any clickies that need to be recharged or pots. Again, purely self buffed (clickies like nalot's that have infinite charges are allowable). (So would avatar weapon procs etc.) Bandages are allowed. Also, let's try to figure a class that could do it safely and consistently (not luck-based). Reason for not allowing clickies like crystallized pumice and wooly spider nets is that I want something that doesn't require a huge amount of effort/money just to maintain.

I'm torn based on either:

Ogre Shadowknight - +20 int - Case here is if you had full lotus gear clickies for nearly max resists and an avatar wep with epic and sword of rile. You could solo pull using darkness and FD, then fight by swapping epic (when proc'd) with sword of rile. Invigorate BP when sitting to heal up.

Iksar Shadowknight - +20 int - Same case as above but +8 standing regen vs stun immunity. Can swap greenmist + epic.

Iksar Monk - +20sta - Case here being that you again have full lotus, +81% haste with epic proc and avatar making you max stat'ed. You can solo pull and just use whatever weapon (Tstaff for example) to zerg them down and combat BW. Can invigorate BP when resting. Downsides are the weight limit (have to destroy platinum to maintain max AC) and no dispel for mobs buffed by other mobs (hasted by Krup Shaman for example).

I didn't include paladin because I don't think relying on calm pulls is going to be very consistent and no FD. I didn't include warrior because of the issue of splitting. Bard is not included due to the named being immune to mez due to level cap. Rogue not being included because I can't see them being better than SK. Ranger not included because of lack of split and FD.

TLDR: Which melee could solo crawl through Old Sebilis (self-buffed/weapon proc buffs only, no rechargable clickies).
Old 05-13-2020, 05:18 AM
Aviak

Monks have a few unlimited dispell clickies.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:21 AM
Kobold

Which ones? Haven't heard of them. Are they super rare like 1 or 2 per server?
Old 05-13-2020, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Abashi%...Disempowerment

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_Null
Old 05-13-2020, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar monk all STA

Ogre/Troll SK Sta/Int , do not go iksar their stats are not great starting out and require raid level twinkage to hit stat caps. Ogre has frontal stun so you'll land 1 or 1 1/2 out of 10 more spells. Troll has racial regen standing, FD and sitting. Ogre is great if you plan to get hit(tanking). Troll is great if you don't plan to get hit(pulling/tagging). Troll will have less downtime however if you get beat up.

I really like SK at the last patch of velious where it's getting geared up to be decent in luclin-pop+ It won't do as much damage as the monk but you get all those bag of tricks in the form of spells. life tap, snare, steal str, etc
If it was any era before the last patch of velious my bet would be on monk all day for which melee oriented class to crawl through seb.

---
paladin just like cleric can calm it's way all the way through but paladin has so memblur which cleric does have.
rogue can sneak through and ranger is more kitted for outdoor play.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-13-2020 at 09:36 AM..
Old 05-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't include paladin because I don't think relying on calm pulls is going to be very consistent and no FD.
Tell that to every enchanter/cleric who crawls through dungeons with just calm.

As I've told you in your other thread, as well as in PMs, Paladin is the way to go here for what you're trying to do as a melee class.

Calm is extremely reliable, and hitting max CHA on a Pally won't be that hard for pulls, glamour sword helps. And plenty of classes who don't have FD have gotten very high on the solo artist list, so that shouldn't be a requirement either.

SKs are relying on shitty, longer casting lifetaps to survive face to face with a mob. The monk that did all those nameds solo had basically end game ToV loot. That is a metric ass ton of dkp that will take a long long time to acquire. Pretty sure he was still using Soulfire clicks occasionally, which now only Pallies have access to.

A Paladin can self heal for a ridiculous amount of hp in Velious, DW helm/DW Bp heal, can calm, root, stuns, LoH, Soulfire, and WC cap if shit hits the fan. Can also 90% rez yourself if all that fails. If that's not survivability, I don't know what is. At this point in the game on Blue timeline & with P99 changes, this is the best melee class for what you're trying to do solo.

Roll Pally, you'll thank me once you hit 45, and especially at 59.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:55 AM
Banned

Calm is reliable until it crit resists on a 3 pull and you're now dead in the water (as a pally...guess you could root all and /camp and try again).

This would be about being able to reliably split / pull singles and still have the vitals to actually kill mobs before they're repopping behind you.

Its Iksar Monk and it ain't really close. Still going to be a rough road without clickies, even if you were fully raid geared. You'd definitely want all the PoM flowers too and if you're not looking to put a lot of time / effort into this endeavor...well...good luck.

OP, what you're looking to play is an enchanter...not a melee.
Last edited by kjs86z; 05-13-2020 at 11:05 AM..
Old 05-13-2020, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calm is reliable until it crit resists on a 3 pull and you're now dead in the water (as a pally...guess you could root all and /camp and try again).

This would be about being able to reliably split / pull singles and still have the vitals to actually kill mobs before they're repopping behind you.

Its Iksar Monk and it ain't really close. Still going to be a rough road without clickies, even if you were fully raid geared. You'd definitely want all the PoM flowers too and if you're not looking to put a lot of time / effort into this endeavor...well...good luck.

OP, what you're looking to play is an enchanter...not a melee.
I stand by my original post, there’s just no way a monk is out lasting a paladin in similar gear if face to face with the mob especially with the Soulfire nerf. Splitting and getting there maybe slightly easier. But calm/root goes a long way. And can always DA yourself to give some breathing room to figure out your next move.

I have a monk and sk as well, both great classes, but pally still wins out for what OP specifically is trying to do here.
Last edited by Crede; 05-13-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Old 05-13-2020, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Hey, can't give a long response but. This sounds fun and I am willing and able to use my 60 monk to experiment with. If you want to play together/ strat together count me in!!!!

I'd bet plat i could go in deeper and more consistently then any pally, challenge offered
Old 05-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar monk all STA

Ogre/Troll SK Sta/Int , do not go iksar their stats are not great starting out and require raid level twinkage to hit stat caps. Ogre has frontal stun so you'll land 1 or 1 1/2 out of 10 more spells. Troll has racial regen standing, FD and sitting. Ogre is great if you plan to get hit(tanking). Troll is great if you don't plan to get hit(pulling/tagging). Troll will have less downtime however if you get beat up.

I really like SK at the last patch of velious where it's getting geared up to be decent in luclin-pop+ It won't do as much damage as the monk but you get all those bag of tricks in the form of spells. life tap, snare, steal str, etc
If it was any era before the last patch of velious my bet would be on monk all day for which melee oriented class to crawl through seb.

---
paladin just like cleric can calm it's way all the way through but paladin has so memblur which cleric does have.
rogue can sneak through and ranger is more kitted for outdoor play.
I have a 60 enchanter, so I definitely know about calm resists. I think relying on calm with no memblur and root on breaks/camping agro is going to be very difficult. That's not the consistent kind of play I'm talking about. And, that doesn't fun!

I like your post about the class choices here! I don't like that monks have no ability to carry money (and even equipment for that matter) and can't use an unlimited dispel except for maybe that Vulak A'err weapon (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOR ME!!), so I'd really like to try this on a SK if possible.

So, you're saying either Ogre or Troll going either Sta or Int or both. Since you're going to be solo dungeon crawling Sebilis, using the kael bp clicky to heal, I am thinking that the Troll regen would be very minimal on the effect, whereby the ogre stun immunity would allow you to get out of tight situations and increase your dps (no re-casting, which makes you lose swing timers, no stuns, which interrupts swing timers, no stun which lowers your defenses).

I'm still open to ideas thought!
Closed Thread