Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 11:07 AM
Large Rat

I put in a request as well for me, my children and my daughter's boyfriend over the weekend. I'm still waiting and hoping sooner rather than later. Gotta introduce my kiddos to the game I grew up on.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Orc

I've requested a few exemptions over the years.

My first request, in 2014 for my girlfriend, took about 7 hours to get an initial response, and then about 5 minutes, once I provided the proper information.

My second request, in 2017 for my older son, took about 5 hours.

My third request, in 2018 for my younger son, took about 6 hours to get a response, but once again, I failed to read the complete instructions. After I created a character on the new account and responded, it was processed in less than 2 hours.

My fourth request, for a second account for me, as I had now run out of character slots, took a little longer. After 29 days, I submitted my fifth request (for my fiance's daughter). Both of those were approved 59 days later.

I remember wondering if my last couple of requests were ever going to be processed, as I'd had great luck in getting near immediate response on my first few.

Just be patient. It will happen eventually. And don't misuse it. The accounts are IP exempt forever, so you won't have to ask for it again.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:04 AM
Large Rat

I am patient, the kids on the other hand are not. ��
Old 06-10-2020, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFiggy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am patient, the kids on the other hand are not. ��
I've been a stay at home dad since 2004. This is a great teaching opportunity in patience; both for you and your kids. Sometimes in life immediate gratification is awesome but other times waiting things out is better. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2020, 11:44 AM
Large Rat

That is one of the reasons we are going to play EQ, I explained to them that you really get a sense of earning a reward unlike modern day games that hand them out like candy. You feel way more accomplished when you get something and it means more.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:13 PM
Banned

I see people 2-boxing 24/7. Feel like the odds of someone getting in trouble for using a VPN to play are literally zilch since it likely wouldn’t draw attention and you would pass the in-game test anyways since you’re not actually cheating. But IDK.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see people 2-boxing 24/7. Feel like the odds of someone getting in trouble for using a VPN to play are literally zilch since it likely wouldn’t draw attention and you would pass the in-game test anyways since you’re not actually cheating. But IDK.
1 - how do you know, they are 2-boxing?
2 - are you reporting this?
Old 06-29-2020, 01:40 AM
Server GM

Our average turnaround time is about a week. The Guides stay on top of it.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Im glad to see this post because I requested an exemption last night so that I can share this experience with my kids. Im playing on green now for about a week and it's my first p99 experience and I'm absolutely loving it. However when I submitted, the screen refreshed twice pretty quick and I couldn't read what it said - and now I have no way of verifying that the request was even received. No confirmation email, no post I can view, nothing in my control panel etc.

I didn't want to submit another one obviously, but can you guys tell me if this is to be expected when submitting the request?
Old 07-12-2020, 03:07 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalis88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im glad to see this post because I requested an exemption last night so that I can share this experience with my kids. Im playing on green now for about a week and it's my first p99 experience and I'm absolutely loving it. However when I submitted, the screen refreshed twice pretty quick and I couldn't read what it said - and now I have no way of verifying that the request was even received. No confirmation email, no post I can view, nothing in my control panel etc.

I didn't want to submit another one obviously, but can you guys tell me if this is to be expected when submitting the request?
New posts from new accounts get stuck in the spam filter, we release them manually. You should see it within 24 hours. Once your exemption is approved we'll comment on the thread.
Closed Thread