Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Default Was camp mine?

Just trying to learn... On green but probably doesn't matter which server.

I made it to Shralock camp. Some higher level (46 I think) Cleric sits a little away and spider placeholder is spawned. Based on high level of a player I though camp is empty.

I sent a tell asking if player is camping Shralock. No answer. Afer few minutes of waiting I sent another tell, informing player I will kill spider, Shralock placeholder. No response. So I kill it. Few minutes later I sent another tell. No response. Player is AFK.

6 and half minutes after I killed spider, new one spawns. At that time player moves, still no tell responses and kills it. Total I was waiting there for some 8, 9 maybe 10 minutes. Based on what I have read, there is rule, that player should response in a 'reasonable' time. I was there longer than one placeholder rotation and after some waiting I killed placeholder.

Player did offer to share the camp with me, so we share/loot share packs between us, but I decided to rather come back later. I'm just curious, if camp at that time was mine or not? Or it was a gray area?
Last edited by pivo; 06-21-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Old 06-21-2020, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

I believe the PNP policy states you must kill the PH within a "reasonable amount of time" or you forfeit the camp. I think Menden has been seen saying 5 mins or so is a good cutoff point. So if you waited 5 mins and made attempts to communicate, I'd say yes, the camp is yours. Players are allowed to AFK while camping mobs, but are responsible for keeping track of their timers and such.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

To a certain extent everything is gray, if it's not spelled out in the Play Nice Policies. That being said, it sounds to me like he was clearly AFK, you killed a PH, and that made it your camp from that point out. If he'd interrupted your killing of the PH, or even said something maybe a minute after, there might be some gray area, but certainly not if he waited an entire cycle.

Seems clear cut to me: dude AFKed while holding camp, it 100% became your's, you were nice and gave it back to him even though he legitimately lost it to you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

OK good to know, thank you both for responding. I assumed as such, but though to rather ask. And, to be honest, Shralock will still be there later too, I will get my chance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pivo; 06-21-2020 at 11:37 AM..
Old 06-21-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe the PNP policy states you must kill the PH within a "reasonable amount of time" or you forfeit the camp. I think Menden has been seen saying 5 mins or so is a good cutoff point. So if you waited 5 mins and made attempts to communicate, I'd say yes, the camp is yours. Players are allowed to AFK while camping mobs, but are responsible for keeping track of their timers and such.
5 minutes was an example given with an extremely long (18 hour window) mob. It's not so much "5 minutes is how long you have to wait" as it is "the staff has never told us how long to wait, except in an insane extreme case, which we know is 5 minutes ... ergo the 'real' time to wait for any particular camp is somewhere between 0 and 5 minutes".

But if you see someone sitting at an ordinary (eg. 30 min respawn time) spawn doing nothing, you hail and try to talk to them for a minute and get no response ... I would be really surprised if a GM said you broke the rules if you then killed the mob.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK good to know, thank you both for responding. I assumed as such, but though to rather ask. And, to be honest, Shralock will still be there later, I will get my chance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good attitude. And look, there was a human being behind that keyboard, who maybe was doing that camp for awhile, had to go to the bathroom, and came back to find you there.

Even if the server rules say you "own" that camp ... I think being nicer to your fellow players (nicer than the bare minimum required by the rules) certainly isn't a bad thing! And who knows, it may pay off someday if that player gives you a rez or port or some other assistance in return.

Old 06-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Long story short the camp was yours.

You don't seem like an argumentative type based on your description so leaving was probably the wisest move aggravation-wise considering it's a low value camp. I mean probably not to you at your level, but believe me if you're going to lawyerquest it's best to save that for Frenzy or AM level camps where the difference is measured in 1000s of plat because the process is aggravating and no one winds up making any friends during.

This is the proper way to dislodge an AFK camper:

Turn on log and start recording with OBS.

/t guy are you camping X?
/t guy hi are you awake? the ph is up
/ooc cc pls
/ooc guy is sitting at X with ph up and afk
/ooc claiming X
Wait one full spawn timer with PH up.
/t guy ok going to take the PH, it's been a full spawn cycle
Kill PH.
Stand in PH spawn point and turn on auto-attack.
When PH spawns, target PH to establish FTE with your melee weapon. Alternatively if you have some instant-cast damage spell use that.

No one is going to dispute "reasonable" if you wait a full cycle. If the timer is 6:40, then sit there for 6:40 staring at the PH hoping your guy doesn't respond. Give him the full cycle. If you wait less then you're going to be arguing what "reasonable" means.

edit: yes this is for shorter timer camps - if you're camping something with an insane respawn time then use your judgement.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 06-21-2020 at 12:02 PM..
Old 06-21-2020, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

That spot is not the only spot to camp Shralok bags in Kith. Its popular since the ph doesnt roam and usually the only location mentioned

If that spawn is camped and someone still wanted to try and camp bags.. Any giant spider along the south wall can spawn Recfek Shralock. Will just have to track down a spawn spot for one to get another camp going

Also worth noting that only one Recefek can be up at a time. If you have a spot and the orc just will not spawn may need to check to see if hes already up somewhere else
Old 06-22-2020, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the proper way to dislodge an AFK camper:

Turn on log and start recording with OBS.

/t guy are you camping X?
/t guy hi are you awake? the ph is up
/ooc cc pls
/ooc guy is sitting at X with ph up and afk
/ooc claiming X
Wait one full spawn timer with PH up.
/t guy ok going to take the PH, it's been a full spawn cycle
Kill PH.
Stand in PH spawn point and turn on auto-attack.
When PH spawns, target PH to establish FTE with your melee weapon. Alternatively if you have some instant-cast damage spell use that.
You forgot the next step "Urinate around PH spawn spot to assert your territory"
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

I concur that it was your camp. I would have likely given him the camp as long as he wasn't an ass.

Having said that, I hate that camp. Last time I did it I needed 3 bags. After 3 spawns (and 1 bag, yay!) someone else came by and asked how long I planned to stay. In return, I asked him if he was there to get them for himself or to sell them. He said he was selling them. I told him the camp was his if he promised to sell me the first two he got. I camped right there and played an alt, and within an hour I had two more bags and I didn't have to deal with that camp!

Now I started another alt so I'm gonna need another set of shralok packs!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread