Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 05:07 PM
Large Rat

Let's dispense with conjecture and open with facts.

Play Nice Policy (PNP) 2.1:
Quote:
...Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. ...If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.
Herein lies the problem. What is a reasonable amount of time?

In the case of Hill Giants:
Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam).
The time it takes for most mobs to start roaming is ~30 seconds. This means that for the majority of "regular camps" in the game, ~30-60 seconds is more than fair for gauging a reasonable amount of time. The basis being that if it was a roaming mob, it would already be moving off and going across the map and the camp is no longer theirs at that point. This is all assuming that the player in question is AFK and not actually like... actively buffing him or herself in preparation for a fight. At that point it could technically be argued that the reasonable amount of time becomes 5 minutes 10 seconds per the post below.
They can still "claim" the camp (after technically losing it) however, as long as they still get FTE before anyone else (per PNP 2.1 above).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...9&postcount=79

5 Minutes 10 seconds is in direct reference to Stormfeather, not necessarily every camp in the game (though presumably it would apply to other "Stormfeather like" camps).
Notice that the rules don't require you to ever communicate with the perceived "camp holder".

However, with all this being said, there will always be bullies in this game. It would be wise to (You must) protect yourself from being wrongfully accused (and convicted).
BlackBellamy's post pretty much summed up how you can do this it at every camp in the game, though I would not recommend waiting one full spawn timer and engage at the 1 minute mark instead (for regular camps with AFK camp holders, as in this case).

Another bullying point on this specific camp that I've seen and I would like to address is players telling others to leave after getting one bag.
They are misquoting this text:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19#post1652719

In my experience most of the bullies that I've seen pressuring people to leave after getting one bag will then sit on the camp for 20 hours straight, trading bags to friends/alts so they can stay longer (over multiple days typically as well, bullying different players every day).
This post is clearly stating that it is in reference to LORE ITEM camps that have a (presumably long) LIST (and presumably long camp as well) e.g. Ancient Cyclops.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK good to know, thank you both for responding. I assumed as such, but though to rather ask. And, to be honest, Shralock will still be there later too, I will get my chance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a great attitude. I wish more players were like you, man. Kudos.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

I never owned a Shralock pack in my life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] tink bags baby
Old 06-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by valenwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's dispense with conjecture and open with facts.
You're making a lot of assumptions. Many things in your post that you refer to as "facts" aren't actually backed up in the Play Nice Policies or by any GM quote I've ever read ... and I compiled the wiki Rulings page.

To be clear, I'm not saying whether what you wrote is correct or not: I'm saying that no one but the GMs know whether it is, because they haven't clarified some things (eg. the definition of "reasonable time" beyond "no more than 5 min").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never owned a Shralock pack in my life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] tink bags baby
Me neither, until I played Green. Stuff like that is definitely part of the fun of that server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-22-2020 at 07:52 PM..
Old 06-22-2020, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me neither, until I played Green. Stuff like that is definitely part of the fun of that server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait lol, what are you guys doing on Blue? Which bags do you buy and what is their average price?

Hmm, better yet, where it drops and what level you need to be to get it?
Last edited by pivo; 06-22-2020 at 09:15 PM..
Old 06-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/t guy are you camping X?
/t guy hi are you awake? the ph is up
/ooc cc pls
/ooc guy is sitting at X with ph up and afk
/ooc claiming X
Wait one full spawn timer with PH up.
/t guy ok going to take the PH, it's been a full spawn cycle
Kill PH.
Thank you, did something similar today, same camp. I used /ooc and few responded letting me know they heard me. Didn't know what cc stand for, though. Camp Check I know now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ahh, today was clear cut, the player was afk for over 45 minutes, no dispute here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And, had great luck, 3 Shralocs spawned in a row. After that, I passed camp right away to someone else, expecting next Shraloc spawn may take some time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2020, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that spawn is camped and someone still wanted to try and camp bags.. Any giant spider along the south wall can spawn Recfek Shralock. Will just have to track down a spawn spot for one to get another camp going

Also worth noting that only one Recefek can be up at a time. If you have a spot and the orc just will not spawn may need to check to see if hes already up somewhere else
This is interesting and good to know. At least for day time. Do you happen to know, how you could determine, where is spawn point? So you kill Giant Spider, then, what you do next?
Old 06-22-2020, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is interesting and good to know. At least for day time. Do you happen to know, how you could determine, where is spawn point? So you kill Giant Spider, then, what you do next?
If you have track, the mobs that have recently spawned appear at the top, so you could use that to find the respawns. Without track I'd imagine you'd have to run around looking.

Also, at one point I removed a loc because I tried it and didn't get Recfek. I confirmed that the other loc did work, and since usually nameds only have one spawn point I thought the other loc was just a mistake.

However, based on this conversation it sounds like perhaps I just didn't camp the other loc long enough. So, I just restored it in the wiki, but with a "?": "-479, 1095 PH is the spider next to the broken down home". Would be worthwhile for someone to try it and report back if they can get a Recfek (or don't report back, and just remove the "?" in the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have track, the mobs that have recently spawned appear at the top, so you could use that to find the respawns...

However, based on this conversation it sounds like perhaps I just didn't camp the other loc long enough. So, I just restored it in the wiki, but with a "?": "-479, 1095 PH is the spider next to the broken down home". Would be worthwhile for someone to try it and report back if they can get a Recfek (or don't report back, and just remove the "?" in the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I will check this out, thank you. And no, don't have a track, but I can at least check with 'pet attack' if Recfek is spawned...

About those bags on Blue, you players that never owned Shraloc Packs - what are you getting and where?
Last edited by pivo; 06-22-2020 at 10:11 PM..
Old 06-22-2020, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Next time I'm in the neighborhood, I will check this out, thank you. And no, don't have a track, but I can at least check with 'pet attack' if Recfek is spawned...

About those bags on Blue, you players that never owned Shraloc Packs - what are you getting and where?
Honestly, on Loramin I mainly just used tailored backpacks. Large race strength + Shaman strength buffs made me mostly not care about weight reduction, but I think I did pick up a Bag of Sewn Evil-Eye and a Box of Nil Space at one point (I eventually sold both).

Then when I was much higher I started farming Driftwood Treasure Chests. They're like free Tink Bags, except they weigh 10, and when I say "free" ... basically it's a 1 in 100 chance every 22 minutes, so: you do the math.

My alts mainly use the tailored backpacks also, but lately I've been buying them a tink bag or two.

Closed Thread