Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutizutzut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"(and did not let them roll on tunare loot)". True or False?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ight=open+raid

Quote kelz -

'The open rolls will last during all trash mobs and Mini Bosses of the zone.
On tunare kill, while attenders could assist on the kill, the Unique Loot from Tunare will be handed through Awakened members
The Breastplates dropped by tunare will still be randomed tho, so if you stay you will have some final bullet on your dice!'

The only reason they let the braid go to roll was because of the huge backlash and realizing how bad a PR stunt this was. Yes technically they let one loot get rolled but the original intention (as can be seen in the thread) was to let the open raiders roll on the thurg quest quality drops.

This is not RnF this is server pog open raid history pertinent to the OPs question
Last edited by Phenyo; 08-09-2018 at 05:13 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Aviak

T/F?
Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Poor zut. You can’t win this one.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Orc

Well, I should have seen this coming. Thanks for the info anyways guys. It was helpful.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

lol
Old 08-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoink1986 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor zut. You can’t win this one.
Simple logic. He gave a statement which he knew was false and refused to admit his lie and instead throws up new arguments claiming essentially "yes I lied but refuse to admit it, however, I'm pretty sure they just did a good thing for image reasons". Oh no! I've lost this argument and he didn't lie at all.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

I am going to plan a trip to Germany! We will go to Oktoberfest in Munich and my closest friends and I will all have 100 beers. It'll be so great. But getting there might be expensive, so I'll let a bunch of plebs come along too so they can pay most of the fare. They don't get any beer though. The plebs soon realize this is a shit deal and begin to berate me and my friends before the trip even starts! Well crap.

I then hatch a brilliant plan to drink 99 beers instead and give 1 to the plebeians to share among themselves. Apparently this is enough to sate the urge to cry foul, at least among one of the plebs named Zut.

An open raid that isn't open for all the loot is kind of a wonky thing to do, which is exactly what was done with the exception of one beer. I think that's all Phenyo was trying to say. You calling that "fake news" seems pretty indefensible, and very transparent of your representation. I guess if a quote from the original open raid announcement isn't enough to change your mind, nothing will.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

I see both sides to this argument.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-09-2018, 11:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am going to plan a trip to Germany! We will go to Oktoberfest in Munich and my closest friends and I will all have 100 beers. It'll be so great. But getting there might be expensive, so I'll let a bunch of plebs come along too so they can pay most of the fare. They don't get any beer though. The plebs soon realize this is a shit deal and begin to berate me and my friends before the trip even starts! Well crap.

I then hatch a brilliant plan to drink 99 beers instead and give 1 to the plebeians to share among themselves. Apparently this is enough to sate the urge to cry foul, at least among one of the plebs named Zut.

An open raid that isn't open for all the loot is kind of a wonky thing to do, which is exactly what was done with the exception of one beer. I think that's all Phenyo was trying to say. You calling that "fake news" seems pretty indefensible, and very transparent of your representation. I guess if a quote from the original open raid announcement isn't enough to change your mind, nothing will.
The rules were all spelled out well in advance. Those that found it unfair didn't attend. The "garbage" loot all had multiple rollers.

People got to see content they had never seen before, get a taste of high end raiding and were probably in a better position to have their own successful PoG raids with their own guilds later.

Many people had a lot of fun and I know haters gotta hate but when you lie to support your bias, I'm going to call it out.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

lol
Closed Thread