Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Gottta have a Scute shield for my Scutie character in the <Scutest> of all guilds, ahhh scuuute booooot n boooogie!
Old 03-16-2020, 04:14 PM
Orc

I wouldn't even pay 500p for it
Old 03-25-2020, 10:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi, I found this thread serendipitously while digging through the forums and had a chuckle. That shield is actually mine, I was leveling in north ro on the beach and this Armadillo guy showed up and after a long fought battle I killed him and he had the shield. Rez is a IRL friend of mine and he looked it up on that wiki and saw it said like 18k or 20k or some such insane price which for a brand new character sounded like an amazing windfall as you can imagine.

I thought it was a piece of crap but he wanted to try to sell it so I told him if he could sell it to someone I would split it with him so he set off to try to see if anyone would bite lol.

Long story short I was proved correct, it is in fact a piece of crap and noone wants it and the wiki just had some troll price info on it or something. Anyways I am still using it just because it was a cool story and I had never seen that NPC before in my life.

And no hes not trying to scam anybody, I think your mind just ran away on you and concocted this story because he was AFK and you were under false pretenses.

WTS Scute Shield make an offer! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2020, 11:26 AM
Kobold

18k?
Old 03-25-2020, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

The thing that bugs me about this thread is ... ok I know it's a rare item, but surely some people out there (eg. Maledict) have one.

All it would take is for a single person to take a screenshot of themselves not in with an illusion, wielding that shield ... and then the stupid desert madman illusion image could be removed (or added to some "here's what GM illusions look like" page), and the item could just have a normal screenshot, that couldn't possibly confuse anyone.

Just two minutes of screenshot + upload to wiki is all it would take to really fix this ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Doesn't need fixing. The person that got the shield was honored with a GM illusion and so they are getting some recognition for their efforts. That shouldn't be changed.

The Wiki says clearly the person in the picture is under a GM illusion as a reward. That's the point.

WTB Scute Shield 1,800pp
Old 03-25-2020, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I found this thread serendipitously while digging through the forums and had a chuckle. That shield is actually mine, I was leveling in north ro on the beach and this Armadillo guy showed up and after a long fought battle I killed him and he had the shield. Rez is a IRL friend of mine and he looked it up on that wiki and saw it said like 18k or 20k or some such insane price which for a brand new character sounded like an amazing windfall as you can imagine.

I thought it was a piece of crap but he wanted to try to sell it so I told him if he could sell it to someone I would split it with him so he set off to try to see if anyone would bite lol.

Long story short I was proved correct, it is in fact a piece of crap and noone wants it and the wiki just had some troll price info on it or something. Anyways I am still using it just because it was a cool story and I had never seen that NPC before in my life.

And no hes not trying to scam anybody, I think your mind just ran away on you and concocted this story because he was AFK and you were under false pretenses.

WTS Scute Shield make an offer! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hmmm. This explanation wouldn't make it through Elf Court.

All one needs to do is look at the wiki sales history and your own obviously-made up story to see that you are both Rezon and Maledict. The illusion bit was a red herring.

At least own it as opposed to pawning off on RL friend/brother/girlfriend in Niagra Falls area.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

k I guess you figured me out then, sorry all for my huge ruse that had no point
Old 03-25-2020, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't need fixing. The person that got the shield was honored with a GM illusion and so they are getting some recognition for their efforts. That shouldn't be changed.

The Wiki says clearly the person in the picture is under a GM illusion as a reward. That's the point.

WTB Scute Shield 1,800pp
I disagree, strongly. The wiki is not here for anyone's personal vanity.

The wiki exists to serve the players of P1999. Those players are best served by seeing images of items in the same way they will actually look for those players.

Since no one will ever look like the person in that screenshot, it is the least useful screenshot possible of that item.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

WTB Scute Shield 1,800pp
You annoy me.
Closed Thread