Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Love it love it.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know where the values on the wiki come from, and we do not reference those.
My understanding was that they came from early/flawed EQ Emu numbers, based on EQMac or some other unclassic source ... but they pre-date me, so I I'm not even sure exactly. The idea was that at least having some semi-accurate numbers was better than none at all, but they've always been known to be not fully accurate (with exactly how "not fully" also being unknown).

I think Dolalin might know (this came up in a thread once before, but I can't find it).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you take X * Y = Z and I tell you what Y is, it still doesn't tell you what X or Z is.
But you have clarified that bivouac applied the changes (Y) to the assumed values (X) correctly.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:16 PM
Sarnak

Gozzrem still warps the same
Old 03-25-2020, 09:32 PM
Aviak

Did anyone on Blue actually need this? was this change done just for green?
Old 03-25-2020, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Old 03-25-2020, 09:36 PM
Aviak

Sorry... still pissed about Highkeep! lol!
Old 03-25-2020, 10:07 PM
Orc

Put that way with the current way the experience bars are set up it is quite hard to judge (discover) exactly the X and there for the Z even knowing Y. I have seen some better exp bars in later expansions. Sadly no way to know atm if not leveling something maybe on blue with vel unlocked to truly discover much exp is gain for each mob in each zone. At least from my understanding. So going by the information on wiki is actually the best we currently have.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you devs for working to return the mystery to a game that far too many of us know too much about! We should not know where the best places to go are from the beginning - get out there and explore, take notes, and communicate with other players and share your findings! We're in their world now!

-Mcoy
Old 03-25-2020, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you devs for working to return the mystery to a game that far too many of us know too much about! We should not know where the best places to go are from the beginning - get out there and explore, take notes, and communicate with other players and share your findings! We're in their world now!

-Mcoy
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Closed Thread