Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green was a really cool idea, but it also made Blue very much "less special". It's like being married to a woman for 1o years and then introducing her to your new girlfriend, things are never the same afterwards.
Yep, some of us warned about that. Can't beat em, join em and repped up Green. Was happy to see people like Jibartik come out to help with the UI (which was bitched about like everything is)

The opening week was an experience, was fun camping skeletons with the zones packed full of people chatting and talking shit. It was really awesome seeing some noobs and veteran hard core raiders get raped by the Griffin.

But like it was said before, all of the drama on the boards was about one server with one group of people on it. Now it isn't.

Log on to blue ever so often to see what old pals are up to. Haven't went back to Green since the 2nd week started and people moved beyond the starting zones.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I know OP is a drug addict, I also find myself in a similar situation.
This.

I wasn't even planning to play on Green, but then I thought "I'll just try to get a manastone". Then I went to Teal, found my guild was back, and started having a blast there.

By the time I was about to camp a manastone I was totally into my Teal character, and instead of quitting after I got the stone (as I originally planned) I was going to keep playing him to 50 and beyond ...

... and then they closed Teal, and now I don't play on any servers anymore, I just lurk here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

I wasn't even planning to play on Green, but then I thought "I'll just try to get a manastone". Then I went to Teal, found my guild was back, and started having a blast there.

By the time I was about to camp a manastone I was totally into my Teal character, and instead of quitting after I got the stone (as I originally planned) I was going to keep playing him to 50 and beyond ...

... and then they closed Teal, and now I don't play on any servers anymore, I just lurk here.
Stopped playing a month or so before green released, just started on green in the last week and (mostly) enjoying it so far. Comments like this make me glad I don't know wtf teal is/was.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stopped playing a month or so before green released, just started on green in the last week and (mostly) enjoying it so far. Comments like this make me glad I don't know wtf teal is/was.
Due to initial overcrowding of starter zones the question was asked if the community on Green would like the server split. It ended up being a yes vote so they created Teal server to relieve some of the congestion. Teal was closed when player numbers began dropping back down and was merged back into Green.

This gave the community an additional thing to get depressed or pissed off about. You will hear players talk about the special community they fostered on teal in the short time it was up and speak with great remorse that the Admins were heavy handed in taking their world away.

I voted No on the split, it happened during the first week due to what I can only imagine to be insane levels of bitching to the Admins, and some of the players warned that splitting it so early was foolish and things would level out but people.. especially "gamers" are an impatient lot.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, some of us warned about that. Can't beat em, join em and repped up Green. Was happy to see people like Jibartik come out to help with the UI (which was bitched about like everything is)

The opening week was an experience, was fun camping skeletons with the zones packed full of people chatting and talking shit. It was really awesome seeing some noobs and veteran hard core raiders get raped by the Griffin.

But like it was said before, all of the drama on the boards was about one server with one group of people on it. Now it isn't.

Log on to blue ever so often to see what old pals are up to. Haven't went back to Green since the 2nd week started and people moved beyond the starting zones.
Well there is getting manastone for the first time and possibility to get rubicite fort he first time if you never did. never did because i wasn't around when this game started out. I actually started playing when kunark was already out and on the way to the next expansion:Velious.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Due to initial overcrowding of starter zones the question was asked if the community on Green would like the server split. It ended up being a yes vote so they created Teal server to relieve some of the congestion.
Makes me all the more glad I avoided green opening then. It was the chaos & overcrowding that gave new servers a different atmosphere to established servers back in the day. At least they belatedly corrected the mistake.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes me all the more glad I avoided green opening then. It was the chaos & overcrowding that gave new servers a different atmosphere to established servers back in the day. At least they belatedly corrected the mistake.
Took my dark elf to freeport opening day. It was good fun talking smack to humans when they would /ooc "Why is it so dark at night?" and I would respond "inferior genetics"

was good fun until some started sending me tells about how I need to chill with racist remarks. I found it totally off-putting and figured I must be getting trolled.. that is until I seen the DMO thread.

Mind you, I am playing a Dark Elf whos people believe they are the best race in Everquest and I am chatting with humans that can't see the fire beetle in front of them at night.. I wasn't sure if I should correct them or just make fun of them for being piss poor players.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Took my dark elf to freeport opening day. It was good fun talking smack to humans when they would /ooc "Why is it so dark at night?" and I would respond "inferior genetics"
So you were role-playing in /out-of-character-speech ... and you think other people were the problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you were role-playing in /out-of-character-speech ... and you think other people were the problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, because there is no in-character speech for zone wide use other than /shout (which would be used out of place) and auction (which I am not selling anything).

Come on, people use /ooc for all sorts of things and I was clearly in character as I was making in game references.

Barbarian.. please.. the Everfrost has frozen what brain cells you had rubbing one another to form a thought.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes, because there is no in-character speech for zone wide use other than /shout (which would be used out of place) and auction (which I am not selling anything).

Come on, people use /ooc for all sorts of things and I was clearly in character as I was making in game references.

Barbarian.. please.. the Everfrost has frozen what brain cells you had rubbing one another to form a thought.
LOL, I wasn't super serious, but the game literally has three different channels for a reason: one for commerce, one for "out of character" (ie. non-roleplaying) text, and one for in-character text.

I just think if you specifically use the wrong channel in any case, whether it's roleplay in /auction or talk about South Park in /shout, maybe you should consider that it's not "everyone else" who's reacting incorrectly to you, it's you who picked the wrong channel.

Closed Thread