Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 10:53 AM
Aviak

Default Green Guild Discussion?

Hey everyone,
I apologize in advance if I have missed it somewhere, but I don't see a section on the forum for guild discussion/recruitment on the Green server. I'm finally rolling on Green and was just hoping to get an idea of what kind of guilds are around in the hopes to join up with a levelling/progression guild so I can get started on my new toons! I've played on live/blue/red and am really looking forward to some classic EQ now.

So yeah, is there a spot on the forums for discussion of guilds that I am just missing? Or potentially a discord? Thanks for any help and feel free to point me in the right direction and delete this thread mods if I'm just missing it somewhere obvious.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

People have been using the Blue one and specifying green in the post for now

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=350830
Old 03-25-2020, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Also: http://wiki.project1999.com/Green%20Guilds

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeminff7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So yeah, is there a spot on the forums for discussion of guilds that I am just missing? Or potentially a discord? Thanks for any help and feel free to point me in the right direction and delete this thread mods if I'm just missing it somewhere obvious.
No, for some extremely weird reason in spite of numerous threads and requests for it, no one has bothered to make a Green Guild section.

It feels like it's being ignored intentionally.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Aviak

Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate it. I'll be playing a lot in the coming days with this whole quarantine thing going on so I'm gonna check out the links and ask around in game also. My lvl 3 enchanter is coming along nicely running mail in faydark, haha. If anyone happens to see this and runs or is an officer of a leveling/progression guild, hit me up!
Old 03-26-2020, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeminff7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate it. I'll be playing a lot in the coming days with this whole quarantine thing going on so I'm gonna check out the links and ask around in game also. My lvl 3 enchanter is coming along nicely running mail in faydark, haha. If anyone happens to see this and runs or is an officer of a leveling/progression guild, hit me up!
Consider <Castle>! We are recruiting all levels, all classes. Rules include Don't Be A Jerk. We make no requirements in terms of playtime or attendance. Send anyone a tell and they'll direct you to an officer currently online. :thumbsup:
Old 03-26-2020, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, for some extremely weird reason in spite of numerous threads and requests for it, no one has bothered to make a Green Guild section.

It feels like it's being ignored intentionally.
I have an obvious bias, but I don't think the forum was the best way to show off guilds anyway.

Guilds were forced to constantly make stupid posts on their own threads to try and keep their thread towards the top. In some sense that was good, because inactive guilds "cleaned themselves up", whereas the wiki requires someone to manually delete dead guilds ... but it was also lots of dumb, wasted posting.

But also, guilds threads needed to have all the core guild info in the first post, things like who the officers were and such ... but of course those details changed over time, and you couldn't edit your post, so that meant that relevant info was buried later in the thread (and incorrect info stayed in the most obvious place to look). But again, because everyone had to constantly reply to their own threads, even if you updated your guild's info on page 5, it'd soon be buried in a week or two as the thread got to pages 6, 7, etc.

In contrast, while the wiki has the "stale guild" problem, it otherwise is better in every way. Guilds are sorted alphabetically, so there's none of that replying-to-your-own-post gamesmanship. All relevant info is immediately available, and can be easily edited when needed. And if guilds want to have screenshots, more text, or anything else, all they need to do is create a wiki page for themselves (or a guild website), and they can post whatever they want.

Again though, I have my bias, and the staff might have entirely different reasons. Like maybe the fact that they don't have to deal with assholes getting mad at a guild and saying nonsense in their guild thread.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-26-2020 at 01:40 PM..
Old 03-27-2020, 08:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider <Castle>! We are recruiting all levels, all classes. Rules include Don't Be A Jerk. We make no requirements in terms of playtime or attendance. Send anyone a tell and they'll direct you to an officer currently online. :thumbsup:
So how did I, Cadderli and Baji get in?
Old 03-27-2020, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So how did I, Cadderli and Baji get in?
Shoo! Shoo! *flaps a towel*
Old 05-29-2020, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Default burnp

Bump for a green guild section - because I unashamedly want to bump our guild's thread with updates about our growth and accomplishments. Feeling proud of my guildmates right now.
*CASTLE HYPE*
Closed Thread