Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 06:09 PM
Orc

Default Ring 8 roll

Turn in for Ring 8 on 3/26/2020 was at xx:55. Roll should happen at xx:25.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:06 PM
Orc

And to be clear, the exact time for turn in was 16:55pm CDT.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:26 AM
Kobold

Wiki says quake time whic was xx:35 set roll time. So roll should be xx:05!?

Either way I log in xx:00 and stay there to not miss roll either case.
Last edited by saftbudet; 03-27-2020 at 09:30 AM..
Old 03-27-2020, 10:10 AM
Orc

As understand it, the roll should happen 30 minutes before the mob spawns. The turn in after the quake wasn't until xx:53. She didn't spawn until xx:54 yesterday. I turned in the marching orders at xx:55.

shrug
Old 03-27-2020, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Wiki says different. Says determine day after quake. (Yesterday) and from there keep that time. Its all confusing cus someone edited wiki just a few weeks back.

I like your idea more tho. To just always roll 30 min prior to last pop. And until reading the edited p99 ring 8 agreements wiki i thought that was how it was supposed to be.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by saftbudet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiki says different.
To be clear (and this is true for all player agreements), the wiki means nothing ... or at least, almost nothing.

What matter is purely what the players on the ground are willing to do. All the wiki can do is reflect that ... but people misunderstand and think the wiki sets the rules, and then some people try to change the rules by changing the wiki.

That only works if, when you change the wiki, you also convince everyone in the game to do something different; otherwise your change is completely meaningless, and the roll will still work the same way it did before. So while it would be nice if the players who participate in rolls could keep the wiki accurate (as it would be nice for any part of the wiki), no one should have the false impression that the wiki dictates anything.

The players dictate the terms of every agreement, and no amount of shenanigans (wiki or otherwise) can change that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Aviak

I disagree, therefore there is no agreement?

30 minutes before spawn is verifiable, nothing else is.

Right now we have a group of people claiming the roll is finished an hour before spawn.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

The roll after EQ was held at 4:05pm cst Thursday, approximately 30 minutes before the EQ, per the Wiki agreement. The turn in was actually closer to 5pm cst. If you’re interested in the roll I’d come out at 4:05 pm cst until it is agreed to be moved to another time.
Closed Thread