Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default 30 necro need some new ideas for XP!

Tired of MM, UR, SP/SK.... want to try some new spots! Anyone got any ideas?

I did Warrens from 20-24 and lowbie kobold camps in Stonebrunt from 24-29, found that Stonebrunt is a bit rough I need some more lvls to hold down the bigger kobold camp that has the lvl 25-26 kobolds...

So for now Stonebrunt out of the question. I know about OOT sisters, might do them a bit till I find somewhere new to go. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

It may a bit rough before 34 but nurga exit hall is good fun and gives Chardok faction

Halfling guards at the middle wall in misty are great xp and cash at your level , like 2-3% a kill even , just watch out for ella food crafter
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-15-2017, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcwrestling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It may a bit rough before 34 but nurga exit hall is good fun and gives Chardok faction

Halfling guards at the middle wall in misty are great xp and cash at your level , like 2-3% a kill even , just watch out for ella food crafter
Thanks I didn't even consider Nurga. Will go check it out!
Old 10-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Sythrax in FoB. Use search to find my posts about it.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

My best tips for nurga exit hall:

1. You'll be tempted to start in that nook near the tents with the 2 mobs, but don't do it. There's no space to deal with the inevitable casters. Invis your way past the first triple spawn and down the hallway just before the big ramp. You can single pull them all if you start with the one immediately in front of you and then the one to your left (if standing in the dip before the hallway I was talking about) then finally the one across.

2. Try to always re-fear early to avoid getting nuked or dotted by the casters.

3. Moss troopers harm touch so be extra careful.

4. The mob at the top of the 2nd ramp should be pet pulled , followed by screaming terror and then finally snared.

5. Slinkers backstab

6. Slinkers and whipcrackers can reliably be rooted and don't cast.

7. I found it was most efficient to fear kite with a progression of dooming darkness -> fear -> vampiric curse -> venom of the snake - refear with 1 second left to spare.
I wouldn't bother with heat blood (whatever yours is currently) as they have no hit points at all and with drop like rocks with venom of the snake. Once the goblin hits 50% , swap out dooming with engulfing in case you need to resnare to save mana, and lifetap with your vampiric curse as needed.

Hope this helps !
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Fire Giant

I always like frontier mountains. Just /con the giants, some tumbs are up to 31. Or better even, make a small group. Giants do drop some nice things from time to time, so usually the camp will get you a decent amount of cash.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

I always enjoyed Crystal Caverns from 30-45. Start at entrance way orcs. Around 35 or so you can move past the dwarf city to the first big room with terrors. The terrors will get you through to 39 or so. 40-45 I started on the Geo's.

Fun zone, some items that drops for a 100p here and there (maybe even upgrades if it's your first toon). Down falls for this zone is rez chances are very unlikely and the tunnels can be pretty confusing to learn. But as for a Velious zone, it's pretty easy.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcwrestling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My best tips for nurga exit hall:

1. You'll be tempted to start in that nook near the tents with the 2 mobs, but don't do it. There's no space to deal with the inevitable casters. Invis your way past the first triple spawn and down the hallway just before the big ramp. You can single pull them all if you start with the one immediately in front of you and then the one to your left (if standing in the dip before the hallway I was talking about) then finally the one across.

2. Try to always re-fear early to avoid getting nuked or dotted by the casters.

3. Moss troopers harm touch so be extra careful.

4. The mob at the top of the 2nd ramp should be pet pulled , followed by screaming terror and then finally snared.

5. Slinkers backstab

6. Slinkers and whipcrackers can reliably be rooted and don't cast.

7. I found it was most efficient to fear kite with a progression of dooming darkness -> fear -> vampiric curse -> venom of the snake - refear with 1 second left to spare.
I wouldn't bother with heat blood (whatever yours is currently) as they have no hit points at all and with drop like rocks with venom of the snake. Once the goblin hits 50% , swap out dooming with engulfing in case you need to resnare to save mana, and lifetap with your vampiric curse as needed.

Hope this helps !
Thanks for the description of the zone ad how you pull this area I appreciate it.

I never did CC either, so I got a few places to check out thanks all for your recommendations!

I have a 23 chanter, and my 30 necro so I will be flipping back and forth, I imagine I will be able to hit all these locations on one or the other then.

***I have done FM giants, it is pretty decent xp and quiet usually.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

as the others have said Sythrax in FoB, Gobbies in Nurga, both great.

Sythrax be warned, these mobs are undercons and your pet will get perished often. resists are terrible as well, even at 34 or 35 when I left i was getting 3-4 darkness/fear resists in a row at times.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

They are undercons, and that's the whole point. You need to charm them.
Closed Thread