Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor
Question Everquest Next...?

So I hate to ask this, but is this going anywhere? There really hasn't been any real solid word about it (other than EQ Landmark updates) since late 2013. Is this vaporware, or is it actually coming out in some fashion? Does anyone have any decent news about it?

From the look of the early examples, it seems more action-arcade than MMORPG.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 08-24-2015, 03:46 AM
Banned

i actually forgot about eq next. it was a big hype a long time ago, kinda seems like it died down and everyone forgot about it.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

yea who knows now that daybreak owns eq next wat state that project is in.

I will say this i played h1z1 for a bit and they seem to be really good in listening to community feedback from its players.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:14 AM
Fire Giant

There was an anouncement after daybreak got formed that development of eq next now has priority over landmark, that they now go full steam on it. And the newest landmark thing is Halas, especially for eq next.

But there has been no news about systems or content for quite a while which makes you wonder...
Old 08-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

It's vaporware at the moment, you're lucky to get 1 update video a month out of them...except there's no update on game mechanics or anything meaningful.

Here though, enjoy ANOTHER "lets look at what players have built on Landmark" vid (if they want to keep their land/buildings they have to pay). Shit gets old after 2 years.

Their reddit page says a lot: https://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/
Last edited by Swish; 08-24-2015 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: link added
Old 08-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
need sum1 to create Norrath in Minecraft and add combat system and release server

wud b better than EQ Next
You mean the same as?
Old 08-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Aviak

They never should have announced EQ Next and EQ Next: Landmark together. They never should have originally named Landmark as an EQ product. They should have let it stand alone as it is and then announced EQ Next when it was closer to becoming a reality.

With all of the shake-up at DBG, Dave Georgeson getting let go, and Smedley stepping down and then leaving I don't see a whole lot of hope for the game even if it does get made. Georgeson's enthusiasm for it had me excited about it for sure. Now, I've lost almost all the interest in it that I once had.

Voce Andante
60 Bard
Old 08-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Orc

I'll be honest, the moment I saw the official reveal I didn't like anything about the game. Some sort of free to play Disney inspired bizarro-world EverQuest. But my bias aside, even if I did like the look of the game I've seen enough red lights to know its going to be bad, if it ever comes out. Wasn't it completely scrapped 3 times even before the reveal? Now with all the issues that come from being bought out, staff being gutted and replaced, moving offices etc, if this ever does come out expect a beta no earlier than 2017/2018.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like DBG is making some positive changes. Truth be told the Smed-led SoE had no idea what they were doing and with the anomalous success of original EQ Sony's decision to allow SOE the leeway to do what they (presumably) knew best is what led to over a decade of shit. I am glad to see Sony severed the festering limb that was SoE and that DBG's parent company is now working to treat the infection in appropriation of the abandoned appendage. Pras Sony, Pras DBG overlords!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6pcU5xTF5Y