Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok heres one for all you NBG'ers out there. im lvl 60, i have full best in slot gear outside of vp(not exaggerating i really do) i technically dont "need" anything. i still like to join groups at loot camps, for a shot at some pp for my alts or other fun toys i might want to pick up. should i never be allowed to roll on something in a PuG unless everyone else in the group is as well off as me, simply because anything i loot will be sold for pp?

EDIT::it should be noted that ive actually never won an upgrade i have shitty luck with rolls, all of my gear either came from guild raids or from looting items and then reselling them and buying what i actually wanted::
No but whatever camp you go do if there is someone there that needs a item they should have first shot. Then any other items that drop you get a roll on to use for alt/sell. People make it seem like your gonna go to a camp with 5 of the same people and your the only person that left out on loots. It's called being courteous to people. Again though i get it about most people and i will avoid hunting with ya. It's simple to work around.

And i have been in need only groups before on live. If i rolled and won loot that someone in the group actually needed i happily gave it to them and asked nothing in return. It's called Karma.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

One thing everyone is forgetting is that when you say "needs" an item, you are really saying "wants to upgrade that slot"

In no way does anyone actually "need" an item
Old 10-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

If an item isn't no-drop, it has the same potential to be an upgrade for anyone. Its pretty simple really, why has this thread even reached 12 pages, there's really nothing to argue here.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If an item isn't no-drop, it has the same potential to be an upgrade for anyone. Its pretty simple really, why has this thread even reached 12 pages, there's really nothing to argue here.
exactly
Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Aviak

I guess i would have to agree to disagree.

Not that i am a hardcore NBG'er. For example tho i would NEVER roll on an epic piece no matter the value. I am sorry i guess it's how i learned to play. Nor would i roll on a clearly beneficial caster item. it's just how i learned to play the game.

If you guys think it is fair and i guess i see your point that your time is as valuable as mine and you should get something out of the group experience. The thing is sometimes you lucked out and get an item and sometimes you dont!

Btw Sorry Tarathiel that you never lucked out! I hear you i farm guards for most of my cash...and it's how i buy items. So i know where you are coming from. I cant really answer your question tho. Yeah tho i got a feeling you arent short of cash... Or the real question is do you even need PP/items? it doesnt change the fact that you should be rewarded but isnt it just about the phat loot tho? I cant even think of one mob that drop just ONE item, they usually have several items. Sure this one time you may not get the top prize but you probably can get a secondary item that may be worth a few K's, that and if the split is done will make sure you have a share of the vendor crap. Heck how many time on live have i had no loot because i cant carry shit? How many times i had to junk stuff because i gimped myself if i was to carry it?

Why does everything has to be FAIR? Do you guys also thing that casual players should have the same gear as the folks who are hardcore raiders? Personally i think not! The raider usually spend a lot more time and even though they pay (or used to) pay the same, they SHOULD get the bigger rewards! So not everything is fair and equal! Sometimes you win some, sometimes you dont! I pass on a lot of stuff, since most stuff i cant even wear or use! Monks until Kunark are really gimped gear wise! Not only were we gimped, we cant carry shit! It's only when Kunark released that we got a bit of love. Yet the love we got given has to be spread around... even tho it says MNK....

My ride
Old 10-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No but whatever camp you go do if there is someone there that needs a item they should have first shot. Then any other items that drop you get a roll on to use for alt/sell. People make it seem like your gonna go to a camp with 5 of the same people and your the only person that left out on loots. It's called being courteous to people. Again though i get it about most people and i will avoid hunting with ya. It's simple to work around.

And i have been in need only groups before on live. If i rolled and won loot that someone in the group actually needed i happily gave it to them and asked nothing in return. It's called Karma.
oh dont get me wrong, i rarely roll on the junk that drops in most groups and am happy to see it go to people who could actually use it. but as for them being entitled to first shot at loot just because i dont need anything but pp is just absurd. why should i be penalized because i have more play time or was better at managing my pp than you? if i choose to pass on an item it should be my choice, not because others in the group feel like they "need" it more than i do. its all about being courteous but at the same time reasonable. whats funny is this whole NBG attitude is so common among newer players on the server or people that are still in their low 50's but once they start regularly grouping at high value camps and they get a taste of what some truly badass items are like that whole "lets all be altruistic best buddies and share" mentality goes flying out the window
Old 10-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senadin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you guys also thing that casual players should have the same gear as the folks who are hardcore raiders? Personally i think not!
This all goes together, casual players shouldnt have the same gear as hardcore players

casual players - less play time - less rolls - less chances to get gear
hardcore players - more playtime - more rolls - more chances to get gear
Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

I used to be a hardcore NBG proponent, but not anymore. I can totally understand the other point of view now because the weapons I "need" don't even drop in the game anymore. Shit, I'd just go camp a RMoY if it still dropped, but it doesn't. I need one, therefore I need 50k. A T-Staff is a great way to work towards that. So a melee character is your only toon and he's your main? Same here. The only way I have to raise plat is to get lucky on a roll for an expensive item.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to be a hardcore NBG proponent, but not anymore. I can totally understand the other point of view now because the weapons I "need" don't even drop in the game anymore. Shit, I'd just go camp a RMoY if it still dropped, but it doesn't. I need one, therefore I need 50k. A T-Staff is a great way to work towards that. So a melee character is your only toon and he's your main? Same here. The only way I have to raise plat is to get lucky on a roll for an expensive item.
And i get that. But if there is a monk in the group and a Tstaff drops i just feel they should have first crack at it. I'm sure there are plenty of times when there are groups at the camp and there is no monk in group so its not like i'm saying every tstaff that drops should go to a monk but if ones there why not? I'm not gonna bother arguing with the people anymore and especially wouldnt argue with a fellow brellian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I'll just make sure before i join groups i ask what loot rules are.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And i get that. But if there is a monk in the group and a Tstaff drops i just feel they should have first crack at it. I'm sure there are plenty of times when there are groups at the camp and there is no monk in group so its not like i'm saying every tstaff that drops should go to a monk but if ones there why not? I'm not gonna bother arguing with the people anymore and especially wouldnt argue with a fellow brellian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I'll just make sure before i join groups i ask what loot rules are.
You're not going to find many pug's doing KC that are going to play with the idea that if a t-staff drops its automatically going to 1 person in the group, when everyone there is putting in equal time and effort. Best to join a guild, and group with guildies for this sort of thing.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Closed Thread