Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 09-02-2023, 05:07 AM
Large Rat

Default My screen isn't fullscreen upon download

I installed everything and went to log in, and upon the game starting it went into a windowed mode and not fullscreen. I tried Duxa's tool and all and nothing changed. Does anyone have any guidance for fixing this issue? Thank you in advance!
Old 09-02-2023, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

I think the shortcut is alt + enter, or you can open your eqclient.ini file in your everquest folder and set windowedmode=false. But a lot of people choose to run the game in windowed mode for performance reasons or something. You can adjust widowed width, height and offsets in the ini file to make the window fit your display with just the taskbar at the bottom showing.
Old 09-15-2023, 11:04 AM
Large Rat

on my new PC and i cannot get P99 to run in full screen mode. i tried setting the "eqgame" file to Vista SP2 and run as Admin, but no luck. I get a resize error when trying to switch to full screen.
i also tried modifying the eqclient file, but then the game crashed when logging in.

any other suggestions?
Old 09-15-2023, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMofo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on my new PC and i cannot get P99 to run in full screen mode. i tried setting the "eqgame" file to Vista SP2 and run as Admin, but no luck. I get a resize error when trying to switch to full screen.
i also tried modifying the eqclient file, but then the game crashed when logging in.

any other suggestions?
This is a very common issue when doing non standard resolutioNS/aspect ratios.

I always tell people to play in 1024x768 , you have to write this in both windowed and fullscreen sections in eq.ini , once in game, if game loads windowed, just press ALT ENTER to go into fullscreen mode (this can crash the game for some people) so then do as mentioned by poster before, set windowed section to FALSE using the low resolution I mentioned, from there you can increase until the game no longer loads, and thats your threshold
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 09-16-2023, 08:07 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a very common issue when doing non standard resolutioNS/aspect ratios.

I always tell people to play in 1024x768 , you have to write this in both windowed and fullscreen sections in eq.ini , once in game, if game loads windowed, just press ALT ENTER to go into fullscreen mode (this can crash the game for some people) so then do as mentioned by poster before, set windowed section to FALSE using the low resolution I mentioned, from there you can increase until the game no longer loads, and thats your threshold
i had to mess with the resolutions, but i think i finally got it. Thanks for the tip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2023, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMofo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had to mess with the resolutions, but i think i finally got it. Thanks for the tip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad it worked my friend! Enjoy !
----------------------------------
[center]