Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

As long as you’re having fun with the game Rimitto. That’s all that really matters
Old 04-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Kobold

honestly cant imagine playing ench without charm sounds boring
Old 04-18-2019, 10:51 AM
Large Bat

What sort of personality struggles with a game ("horrible grind" from 22-24? really?), comes to a forum to post for help, then shits all over the advice he gets. Astounding!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2019, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
funny I get the same feeling from you, that you're only trolling.
I really liked the part where you flatout bald faced admitted to twinking while having the audacity to say that it's "easier". I mean, let's be real, if I had 1 million dollars, it would probably be pretty easy to buy a high end gaming computer, rather than working up and saving money to buy one. Analogies eh man?
Twinking is fine, not twinking is fine. A dragoon dirk is ~50p and a crude stein is ~10p. Piecemeal your gear as you can afford it (whatever type of gear you want).

Quote:
I get ya though, you're completely out of touch, don't worry, I get it. It happens. You even said yourself "Ask a High Level Enchanter". Why don't we just reverse the situation then? Dear high level enchanters, what weapons do the higher level animations use and what's their DPS ratio range between a bad summoned animation and a high summoned animation? Furthermore, What are the best combinations of spells that can be used to dismantle groups of 7 or more at a standstill standoff while maintaining a decent balance of MP -> damage ratio. These are the things I would like to know as I progress. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I really hope the mesmerization line beefs up its time limit by 40)
Animations don't spawn with gear, their graphics just change depending on level. Pets scale pretty well to mobs until ~20 and the disparity only gets worse as you get higher level. If you want to give me an example of a large camp I'd tell you how I'd do it, but basically make use of lull (another reason to have high Cha), charm and root. Use your PB stuns and mez if needed and use your lowest level root/mez. GINA helps if you get bogged down trying to keep time. You almost always want to use your lowest level mez, root and PB stun (though you want multiple PB stuns mem'd when you're able).

Quote:
Funny, I guess I just skipped all that then... my highest earnings have been 1.6k which I spent on a stupid looking robe, spells, and various other things. Most of that has been new money too from the horrible grind from 22-24. Oh speaking of that, bandit sashes are not going to be viable in the next update. That's one thing I've noticed is that every couple of levels when animations hit 3 daggers, they become horribly outdated... yet once they make that jump they becoming incredibly strong. I guess you wouldn't know of that though, you never use them.
Here's my low level plat routine:

1-5 Qeynos newbie yard
5-10 Qeynos hills Rabid animals, gnolls
11-16 Eruds, NK, Qeynos hills Wisps
16-19 Bandits in WK, Lfay
19-25 Paineel guards

I've leveled several characters (both twinked and untwinked) this route and had ~2k in the bank in the early 20s. Animations have a use otherwise Zumaik's Animation wouldn't cost 5k. That doesn't mean it fulfills the same purpose as charming.

I'm a big proponent of charming for any class that can do it. You definitely don't Have to do it, and I often take breaks on my necro and druid to level other ways. Play however you want, but be aware that no one has ever seen an Enchanter leveling with a summoned pet and thought "That guy knows what he's doing." Being good at charming will make you a desirable member of a group and get you invites for a long time. I've seen many groups smack-talk lazy enchanters, because no other class makes a good group amazing like an Enchanter who knows what he's doing (charming, lulling, CC'ing).

Quote:
more times than mueller's had chances to "take down trump"
Quote:
(True story, I actually saw someone talking about an agility build last week, the numbers were very interesting, to say the least)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Crawdad; 04-18-2019 at 11:15 AM..
Old 04-18-2019, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
148 CHA is a little low.. A charming enchanter should have at least 200 CHA (buffed). I hope this helps!
As Crawdad mentioned, if you really care about CC you're going to get you CHA up anyway so you can lull/calm mobs to decrease your chance of getting a crit resist. Even on my untwinked, level 57 cleric, I have a set of cheap CHA gear for lulling/calming when we have no enchanter around.

I thought I'd share an personal (and embarrassing) experience I had when at the Fe'Dhar camp in SS as a level 60 enchanter with 204 CHA (unbuffed) and 254 CHA (buffed).

I buffed up (254 CHA), tashed, and charmed a green-conning cube one night and started tearing through Fe'Dhars. I would get a charm break every 5 kills on average. One time I was able to kill 11 Fe'Dhars without a charm break, and another time I had 3 breaks on one mob, but overall I would make it through ~5 mobs before I got a break.

The next morning, I log in to find my same pet is still there with torch in hand. I tashed and charmed him, and started killing again. First mob: break. Second mob: break. Third, forth, fifth mobs: breaks on each one. At this point I was OOM and had to reset everything. I then noticed that I didn't have my CHA buff up!! I was fighting at 204 CHA and was getting a ton of charm breaks. That 50 CHA made a bigger difference than I could have ever imagined.

I can tell you that if going from 204 to 254 CHA makes a big difference, so will going from 148 to 200 CHA.

Now, I know what you're going to say: "Do you know what a level 12 (aren't you level 25 though?) enchanter can afford? I'll give you a hint... etc."

In response to that, I'll add that when I was leveling from 20-60, I had between 200 and 230 CHA (buffed) using all the cheap CHA gear I recommended; gear that you could afford if you spent your money and time more wisely. Also, the mobs at the Fe'Dhar camp have high MR compared to most mobs you'll encounter while leveling, so with 200 CHA (buffed) you should be able to go through one fight without getting a charm break most of the time.

I know nothing I say will change your mind. You are too stubborn to listen to the wisdom and experience from several people who have enchanters with thousands of hours logged. But maybe some other new enchanter will find this thread and learn from the rest of us.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:42 PM
Banned

I believe P99 has coded CHA differently than originally designed; to where 200CHA is essentially a baseline before charm stablilizes, and 250/255 shows substantial stability. I highly doubt they accurately replicated the original coding.

After all, they still have the resist rate adjustments way off from how they were originally with marquise loot-camps having resist rates jacked way up through the roof to where Tash AND Malo/malosini still doesn't do shit to bring them back down to the respectable rates that existed on live back in era.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Banned

GL Rimitto

You're in for a hard time. Your attitude sucks.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Been playing my chanter for two days now hit lvl 15, Duoed with a magician in unrest and guess what wearing literally only ONE piece of store bought gear from Qeynos. https://wiki.project1999.com/Silk_Evening_Tunic. I was happily charming tormented undead and death beetles all day killing. Zero deaths.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:44 AM
Fire Giant

at higher level charm is easier to manage because you have multiple stuns to use when charm breaks, and depending on which charm spell u use, you will have time to cast charm while the mob is stunned, and n top of that u have stuff like bedlam

i think 99.9% of the case u'll be able to stun ur pet urself and recharm instantly

fast cast short stun if u want to retash (stun mez tash charm), long cast long stun if you want to recharm immediately after, or short stun then long stun then instantly recharm if u need to buy time to cast the longer stun
Old 04-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Hey enchanter lvl 18 now was charming in the scryer camp at Guk today went from 16 to 18 Duoed with another enchanter, charm breaks weren’t bad just didn’t charm whites or yellows. Again zero deaths. FYI all gear self found or looted so I’m at 300hp fully buffed and 134 cha to give you an idea.
Closed Thread