Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

Default Why are we not the chosen people who must be punished for our /played

I love this server. About 3 years /played

Why must all the changes to keep this server as classic as possible actually hinder and make the environment more uncomfortable and barren than it already is?

Why can't it be more positive and + Expected Value of our /played

I can name many, but i wanna keep the topic at hand consistant.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

4 sentences (5 including the title) and I've no idea what this is about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4 sentences (5 including the title) and I've no idea what this is about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
target rings
pet buff icons in pet window
releasing epics early
keeping spells "classic". Known mana skin costs 2 peridots not 1.
worn off spell messages
mechanics of charm/fd changed pre kunark.
the change to afk /pet lvling pre kunark, was changed ahead of scheule was classic
pet mechanics "pets were scaled down early pre kunark, as well as mechanics with certain weapon delays

i can go on, compass

leaving some of the +expected value changes would be more beneficial to the player base as well as our experience /played here.

yes i can alt tab to eqatlas, but really we cant keep noob city maps in game. This environment dosent have to be so basic, aka classic it is 2012, lets have the server the way it should of been with classic ruleset but we can bend this matrix to actually enjoy it more.

2 copper
Old 09-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

We still have the worn off spell messages, we used to have target rings a couple of years back, as well as maps and a bunch of other stuff.

You can't force change on a volunteer run server like this, just take the positives and enjoy it. Could be worse, the blue population could be the same as red's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We still have the worn off spell messages, we used to have target rings a couple of years back, as well as maps and a bunch of other stuff.

You can't force change on a volunteer run server like this, just take the positives and enjoy it. Could be worse, the blue population could be the same as red's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ralph pls go

worn off BUFF messages

i wanted to keep this on topic
Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

You are failing at making whatever point you are trying to make.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

3 years played, huh?

Confirmed boxer.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Kobold

You keep using those words OP (expected value). I don't think it means what you think it means.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

silo i think for your mental health maybe you need to take a few more EQ breaks =p
Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Kobold

He is asking why are we doing things "just like live" why don't we use some of the things that made EQ easier and less painful for all instead of going down the wire tit for tat like Live did.

I'm guessing he wants the luxuries of maps, compass', target rings and things like that which made EQ much easier to navigate and less of a health risk.

Not that I agree with him, just trying to clarify for the chap. Personally I like not having those things. And here is why. When I zone into Emerald Jungle trying to get to Old Seb or CoM I am just a little terrified. As a rogue do I stealth all the way there and waist 2 hours of my day? Or do I evil kinevil it and run and try my best to avoid aggro? The prospect of getting lost with aggro on me.

This to me makes the game more fun. A lot more dangerous for sure, but in the end...more fun. The impending danger at every turn is what made EQ it's classic and beautiful self. Dungeon crawls are not dungeon crawls unless there is a strong possibility you might die and have to do one hell of a CR. That exp bar is made precious by these things.

Just the other day I was in Solb and someone didn't want to do BnB because they didn't want to die and CR. There is risk with the game without all these "fluff tools" you speak of. The zones you are in you become more familiar with. You know them inside and out because you don't have those maps.
Closed Thread