Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Aviak

Unhappy Can anything be done about the low population numbers?

It seems like such a shame that there is this perfectly good PvP server, and I feel as though I can't play there because of the low population. I'm playing on blue just so I can find people to group with; there's no way I'm gonna start up a character on red to solo grind to 60.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

imo, buy a 46+ character...that's where 95% of the population and pvp are at. Should run you <50k i believe.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Yeah, if 95% of the population is 46+, then I really don't want to play there. Half of the fun playing live was fighting your way through those lower levels, and making friends/enemies that you grew with.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

thanks for visiting
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for visiting
Old 10-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think the question at this point is 'can anything be done', but rather would anything be done if they could.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

There are lower players and alts, but you have to look for them.

If you're really serious about playing on red, we just started a new guild called "La Resistance", which will be concentrating on doing the classic content the "big 2" have forgotten.

There are only 4 or 5 of us atm, but the leadership has been on (and off) R99 since the beginning. I just recently came back myself.

It's going to be difficult to recruit. It will be difficult for our members because there won't be grouping opportunities all the time until we fill the ranks a bit. The good news is that we're all lower levels (12-23) on the mains we've picked to start our progression. We are also heavily pvp-oriented, because the anti-pk philosophy can't work on a server that has no population. We feel this hardcore PvP philosophy fits what's necessary to progress here.

Contact me as Klatuu in-game, or via PM here on the boards if you're interested. And if anyone else is interested...hit me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 10-10-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

I just finished re- levelling back from 1 to almost 50. ( Why , god ... why ) and while i can say i did get a little bit of pvp here and there, the low end pvp is pretty much non existent.

Hard to say how much happens at the high end also. Oh Yellow Text, Where Art Thou?!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are lower players and alts, but you have to look for them.

If you're really serious about playing on red, we just started a new guild called "La Resistance", which will be concentrating on doing the classic content the "big 2" have forgotten.

There are only 4 or 5 of us atm, but the leadership has been on (and off) R99 since the beginning. I just recently came back myself.

It's going to be difficult to recruit. It will be difficult for our members because there won't be grouping opportunities all the time until we fill the ranks a bit. The good news is that we're all lower levels (12-23) on the mains we've picked to start our progression. We are also heavily pvp-oriented, because the anti-pk philosophy can't work on a server that has no population. We feel this hardcore PvP philosophy fits what's necessary to progress here.

Contact me as Klatuu in-game, or via PM here on the boards if you're interested. And if anyone else is interested...hit me up.
This sounds a little enticing, but I just can't dedicate my time to a server that will never be able to provide a decent population. Can't pvp people that aren't around, and at least on blue there is a healthy population for pve and making friends. I realize this is a catch-22, and I really miss EQ pvp (best gaming experience of my life), but I think it's about time to realize that it is dead, and gone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

where is samwise when you need him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Closed Thread