Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Orc

Charming one mob to fight another is way too slow in these areas.

Com, Karnor, HS - you want to charm a pet and send it onto multiple mobs (preferably all undead). Back your pet till all the mobs are clustered together and cycle target root them alll. Let them kill your pet down to around 5%, hit your cos, tap kill the pet and charm another. Keep going till all mobs are dead in the pack - mind your roots. Usually only down time is waiting for repops.

In Com, this is easiest at the upmost ramp of the zone.
Karnor basement is great for this.
HS, north & west wings are awesome.

Takes some practice, but you can have 4-6 mobs rooted and killing your pet (the xp mob) in a few seconds. HS is nice for this since the skellys HT - a bad pull or quick charm break will send you back to your bind.

I'd kill myself if i did BW giant fort or COM all the way to 60.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Kobold

thanks for info. soloing is not really my cup of tea (yep, soloing from 55+ pissed me off), but i got no choice, as finding a group as a nec is really painfull.

Will try com upper ramp or KC basement(usually camped while i play).

thanks again. Give here another tips if you like, I take every advices)
Last edited by Gurbuuk; 04-08-2013 at 02:22 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

I play on red, but crazy necro cant find a group. Can do a little crowd control, stack dots, feed mana on bad pulls to cleric. Soloing gets boring cause your by yourself. But its crazy what you can do once your in your 50s. If you dont like soloing find yourself a partner. Enchanter is crazy to charm with and rogue is nice partner for fear kiting or aggro kiting. In my 30s I leveled with a rogue just casting darkness, inf cloud and leach. The dots built so much hate by the time the rogue jumped in their was no aggro the whole fight. Not to mention I was fm 90% of them time. Point of story is necro dont need much or anybody to level. With any class you could get an easy technique down to none stop pull.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Kobold

Yep we did remparts with a guildmate druid yesterday. Less boring than solo, xp was average . He harmo / pull / dot, i charm / root/ break / kill . This no stop kill session ended when a major train hit us... Not our train of course. One question : druid told me that charmed mob does nt steal xp in a non solo ( group) situation. Is that true?
Loukhum, 49 Ogre Shaman
<Europa>
Closed Thread