Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 12:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sort of like Iksars for more than their Regen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I like the fact that they are hated Everywhere other than their home city. So you know where you stand. You ARE KoS. So guess what you will not loose much sleep if your faction gets worse because it already is. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So just kill any mob, any guard, quest giver, vender, who gives a crap. With any other race you might be fine to 90% of the NPC's and wham, one jumps up and kills you in a city. Well piss on that. Roll a Iksar, problem solved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's why they have FD. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on the fence with my necro race choice, but this sealed it for me, thank you. Iksar it is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sort of like Iksars for more than their Regen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I like the fact that they are hated Everywhere other than their home city. So you know where you stand. You ARE KoS. So guess what you will not loose much sleep if your faction gets worse because it already is. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So just kill any mob, any guard, quest giver, vender, who gives a crap. With any other race you might be fine to 90% of the NPC's and wham, one jumps up and kills you in a city. Well piss on that. Roll a Iksar, problem solved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's why they have FD. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar Necro's also look WAY better than the other ugly races. Robes are cooler, animations much better (esp FD)...
Old 07-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

It really is incredible having Lich on a 51-59 Iksar Necro and standing next to a non-Iksar in the same level range and seeing how drastic their health loss is compare to your own.

Same deal at 60 with Demi Lich. It is a huge factor when solo. When on a raid, especially in Velious, Regrowth of the Grove BP clicks from Druids and the worn regen / clicky regen options help to lessen the blow from Demi Lich, but nothing will ever make up for the Iksar regen.

A standing Necro has 8 less regen and a sitting Necro has 11 less regen if non-Iksar. Meaning a non-Iksar need a Zlandicar Heart (5 regen), and 2 other Aura of Battle (2 regen) items to equal the standing regen of an Iksar Necro wearing nothing but cloth.

Iksar is only Necro option pre-Luclin/PoP when HP Regen items became more prevalent. I'm extremely glad I went Iksar on P99.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

gnomes can wall look i guess but who am i kidding?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gnomes can wall look i guess but who am i kidding?
You for get that gnomes can tinker. They get there health back by using that
So standing Regen is moot, (be it the gnome has to tinker eyeballs).
Iksar AC is a big factor.
The Int on the Gnome is a big +, (However as a Necro Int is not super important).
Old 07-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Banned

Gnomes 4 lyfe
Old 07-06-2015, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You for get that gnomes can tinker. They get there health back by using that
So standing Regen is moot, (be it the gnome has to tinker eyeballs).
Iksar AC is a big factor.
The Int on the Gnome is a big +, (However as a Necro Int is not super important).
Wait... You meant Iksar regen right? Cause AC is the largest non factor of a stat on Necro I can think of.

If so, change big factor to only factor.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Large Bat

I rolled a DE nec on vanilla pre kunark. I like the race/class combo. I like Iksars too but playing what you like > min/maxing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with non-iksars. In fact the biggest advantage for regen is when soloing. In raids you have a lot of hp from being buffed, can grab a quick regen from a shm/druid and odds are you'll be using lifetap to offset larger amounts of damage than lich anyway (to keep healing pressure off clerics/secondary healers) so it becomes a moot point. With the damage raid mobs do it's not all that big of a factor for raid recovery. Knowledge and skill matter more.

For soloing with Velious around the corner and HEBs it's even less of a factor.

If I wanted to min/max I'd play a modern game, on p99 I screw around for nostalgia. Anyone who takes this 16 year old game super seriously with min/maxing needs to get a grip imho.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait... You meant Iksar regen right? Cause AC is the largest non factor of a stat on Necro I can think of.

If so, change big factor to only factor.
Exactly..
** Iksar regen is great, (no messing about).
** Gnomes in lich form can life tap tinkered eyeballs.(some messing about required), (and also cannot have a pet up).
But health is kept up, be the mana regen a little bit down.

A good example of this use.. Charm soloing the Frenzy room in lower guk.
With just normal regen you will normally wait for the mobs to spawn.. and process them with your mana and lich.
When life tapping tinkered eyeballs. you will have 0 downtime. Clear other rooms as well, and come back ready for the frenzy.
A bad case for this will be if you have a pet up.. then the trick with tinkered eyeballs fails, (however necro's want to always kill unded right?).

And yes the AC bonus is a big factor. With the Cloth class, I see it makes a difference, (I will typically see that extra 1 or even possibly 2 hits of dmg that put's you over the edge to thinking about a FD).
I have duoed a lot with other necro's in HS, this is the impression I got doing this and my opinion.
Last edited by ctre; 07-07-2015 at 01:39 AM..
Old 07-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to level the fastest. >>> (Gnome is the overall fastest)
huh? how do you figure?