Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default anyone know ETA for fresh EQ server?

first off, i know this is not the first time anyone has mentioned this problem. ive been playing alot recently (mostly low level toons), and ive noticed that the low end is heavily influenced by the amount of 40+ characters on the server. here's some examples:
  • it is not uncommon to be in a group at level 5 with someone in full ro/cultural armor
  • alot of players under level 30 have haste items
  • many groups kill mobs so fast that they run out of mobs halfway through the spawn timer
  • velious weapons are frequently handed out to new players, making it not uncommon for a low level to hit for max damage nearly every swing
  • alot of content goes untouched, or is impossible to find a group for

before people start suggesting that my post be banned to RnF, let me just state that i do not personally mind slaughtering low-end content. in fact, i usually mildly twink out my new toons in order to keep up with the trend.

what i am criticizing, however, is how the "classic feel" is totally lost to new players who have never experienced EQ. considering that this server (look in the top left of your screen) advertises "Classic Everquest", i think its a bit disillusioning to people with no prior experience, who come to this server to see what EQ is about.

i realize that this is by no means the fault of the development team. server administrators have no responsibility when it comes to player interactions, so long as those interactions stay friendly, and no one is offended. what the problem is, im not going to go into detail. im looking for a solution, i want to call on the community to create a status quo... for the benefit of the server.

rushing new players to 60 without giving them the time or opportunities to learn mechanics, does not seem like a good strategy to create a strong, lasting playerbase. there are so many community aspects of this game which are lost to this server because of this "rush" strategy. ive had many ideas for community events, but it seems like the majority of the playerbase is only interested in going to the same "hot zones" or getting PL'd.

Live is total shit until you get to endgame content, due to all the "fixes" they implemented. maybe a fresh p99 server might not be the answer to this problem, but for now i am excited to find out when i can expect one. thanks for reading, i know its bad
Old 07-31-2016, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Don't let others gear ruin your experience.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rushing new players to 60
lol.

90% of the people who play on this server don't make it to 60. Majority probably don't even make it past the low 50s hump.
Last edited by jolanar; 07-31-2016 at 07:12 PM..
Old 07-31-2016, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try red, peoples standard of gear while leveling is a lot lower...expect to see bronze armor and bad weapons
LOL
you mean the fungi twinks that will camp you at level 10?

because that's all there is
Old 07-31-2016, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't let others gear ruin your experience.
It effects you whether you realize it or not.

I think they should make good on their promise to "never wipe" blue or red, but they need 2 new servers if this project is going to continue to offer a classic experience. The current servers no longer offer that for all of the reasons listed by the OP and in my various posts on this topic.

The new servers should rotate through the timeline and then, at the end, transfer characters to the original persistent servers and start again.

The current mudflated and top-heavy servers do not offer a classic Everquest experience... no matter how much people want to ignore "the gear of others."
Old 07-31-2016, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

I think it has been done before, but probably the best bet would be self imposed limits on a guild wide scale (for instance, X amount of people all agree to never buy/sell from out of their guild, and only ever use guild attained items, as well as only grouping/buffing/assisting guildies).

This would basically be using the server as a sandbox to simulate a new/fresh server (you could even restrict going to kunark/velious etc.).

I would really love to see p99 staff come out with a new server though (with all the years of work they have tuned the database/quests etc. that is not open source to the p99 community, it seems like it would require an insane amount of resources for any non p99 developer to come up with their own classic box even in the same ballpark as p99).
Old 07-31-2016, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

I take my responsibility by not being a min-maxing shitbag in exp groups and will accept anyone as long as doesn't completely halt the progress of the group(sometimes you need a puller/CC/tank/dedicated healer).
Old 07-31-2016, 11:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunababy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL
you mean the fungi twinks that will camp you at level 10?

because that's all there is
It's actually not like that at all. There are a couple twinks that hang out in Mistmoore but that's about it.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Yup.....a fresh server would be so fun....to actually play the game with other people doing quests and getting loot and feeling good about that "uber" ro quest you complete or something....

But right now? All that is hollow....knowing you could go buy something better for 50pp in commonlands at any time.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:22 AM
Banned

Make screaming mace great again
Closed Thread