Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Skeleton

Only been on Blue for a few months, few characters into the 30s and 40s nothing special but capping the FPS and removing the pet window (including pet health being removed from under player health) come across as needlessly damaging.

My classes are predominantly pet-based and yes, classic EQ didn't have the pet window but that window has been established on P1999 for how long? You don't remove features that players come to depend on in this way, it's taking the server in the wrong direction entirely.

I game on 144hz and to have that forced to 60fps is a massive turn off. What were the issues with Velious specifically that required the entire set of zones to be hard locked to 60fps?

Very sad to see these changes go in. Unlikely to continue playing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Does track work proper?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Same Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I log into Blue, I can't see any of my characters. They're all missing and it just had create a new character for each slot. Is this just due to congestion or is anyone else having this problem?
I am running into the same problem here.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Aviak

bah. we had pet windows in classic....
Old 09-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue and Red are now officially on the last patch of our timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean: [Nov2001] TGB Enabled
Quote:
Rogean: Universally disabled numerous non-classic UI Windows
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalystryxVoF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bah. we had pet windows in classic....
Prove it: provide evidence that we did and I'll bet the staff will restore the window.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-08-2019 at 10:53 AM..
Old 09-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Banned

patch breaks vile macOS install

rip
Old 09-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Prove it: provide evidence that we did and I'll bet the staff will restore the window.
Yeah, just like they'll fix all the things they've implemented that aren't classic with evidence...HAH
Old 09-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Orc

EWWW please, can I have my pet window and hotbars back? I understand if they weren't classic or whatever, but having them for a decade now and taking away that carrot from everyone isn't the best idea.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Aviak

What about the Surefall Glade ports? They were technically implemented at this time with the TGB ability on the same patch I believe
Tallaar 56 Nercro
Old 09-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, just like they'll fix all the things they've implemented that aren't classic with evidence...HAH
As the http://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium page explains, the devs have "implemented" very few things that aren't classic. Basically just the direction of the OOT boats, the fact that you can't glitch through Siren's Grotto ... and the entire raid system.

(And to some extent that last one's unavoidable: P99 raiding has to be unclassic by nature, because Blue has about 10x more leveled raiders, and about as much more player knowledge, than people on live ever did. One could argue it could be more classic, but that's another thread.)

But other than that, just about everything else unclassic on P99 isn't because the devs wanted to make it that way, it's because they faced some sort of constraint that prevented them from "keeping it classic".

There is no such constraint on the pet window, so if it was classic for it to be here, and someone presented evidence proving as much, it would be restored.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-08-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Closed Thread