Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What will be your primary class on Green?
Bard 53 7.79%
Cleric 57 8.38%
Druid 84 12.35%
Enchanter 89 13.09%
Magician 45 6.62%
Monk 30 4.41%
Necromancer 44 6.47%
Paladin 36 5.29%
Ranger 39 5.74%
Rogue 28 4.12%
Shadow Knight 30 4.41%
Shaman 68 10.00%
Warrior 38 5.59%
Wizard 39 5.74%
Voters: 680. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pros cons of Halfling Druid vs Gnome Necromancer?
Tracking. If both are leveling outdoor the druid is able to work on the whole zone a lot easier than a necro.

But on the other hand, the necro has the advantage in that it can level indoors a lot easier.

However a druid is a healer, which makes them potentially more attractive in grouping situations.

A necro is less gear reliant for lower levels, though a druid is easily gearable on its own.

Also a pet gives the necro an easier play style than a druid needing to manage mana and roots and fears and charms.

But a druid near the karanas has access to very powerful starter quests that can get you a lot of wealth so there's a point for the druid.

Even if you make a pros'/con's column I think its a 50/50 split. I have been wrestling with these two clases, I was sure I would make a druid, but am 90% sure I am going to make a necro. But I do think the druid has a lot of level 1-34 advantages, and gearing it is a lot of fun in classic. All the major wisdom camps are in primely classic zones, where there will be a lot of action, bilge, testement, gbs, I mean you name it, the druid can do any of these across the whole world of norrath at any given time.

The necro, you're going to end up in lower guk a lot. Lots of outdoor zones are great for a necro to be sure, but its not as easy to just port around and find the open camps.

I think the druid is all in all going to be a more fun playstyle, but the necro will be rewarding in the long run. At least that's what I am telling myself.

If you break down the two, both are good indoors and outdoors, but each excel in one or the other comparatively. The druid will offer you more outdoor fun, while the necro will offer you more indoor. Id pick what you want to get out of green between those two themes. Sol A? Or the Karanas?
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-19-2019 at 10:26 PM..
Old 09-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

a necro can /pet attack to see if named are up in the whole zone tho
Old 09-19-2019, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

An excellent point that does give a necro a point in its pro column, still for clearing Ph's and stuff track is a lot more helpful.

But the necro does get a bit of a bonus for being able to know what is up outside of basically your line of sight track distance on a druid so eh.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:13 AM
Kobold

Not a lot of Shadow Knights. Is there a reason for that...?
Old 09-20-2019, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a lot of Shadow Knights. Is there a reason for that...?
1) I'm not sure this poll is going to be indicative of what you end up seeing
2) Tanks/melee will be struggling for gear
3) SK have 40% XP Penalty, and two of the superior races have additional penalties. Ogre SK maybe 55% penalty and Troll SK 68%
Old 09-20-2019, 05:44 AM
Sarnak

My god how will I ever be able to decide...
Old 09-20-2019, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pros cons of Halfling Druid vs Gnome Necromancer?
Good soloability, mobility (teleports, SoW) and group invites for buffs and heals vs. soloing god and awesome undead nukes (great for unrest, and later lguk).
Old 09-20-2019, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) I'm not sure this poll is going to be indicative of what you end up seeing
2) Tanks/melee will be struggling for gear
3) SK have 40% XP Penalty, and two of the superior races have additional penalties. Ogre SK maybe 55% penalty and Troll SK 68%
I like to think of it more as an 'enjoy the game for longer' bonus.

Let's face it, we've been at this for 20 years. We don't need stuff to hurry our progress!
Old 09-20-2019, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am probably switching my vote from necro to Troll SK but you guys might be playing a different game by the time I catch up.
You'll be in a group most of the time, so exp penalty is shared and not quite as bad. If you group with a bunch of non hybrids it'll be more like a 20% penalty for everyone (but honestly you may exp 20% faster with a good tank...)
Old 09-20-2019, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to think of it more as an 'enjoy the game for longer' bonus.

Let's face it, we've been at this for 20 years. We don't need stuff to hurry our progress!
I mean, part of me agrees with you. But according to the internet. the proper way to play green is to get guises on as many characters as i can in 7 months!
Closed Thread