Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Kobold

Default Segador's Custom UI Player Window

Like all the features of the DuxaUI Player Window but want the slim look and classic color scheme of the default Velious UI?

DropBox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oxbejl64l...nouaD0AUa?dl=0

EQ001591.jpg

If anyone wants a no-mana version for warrior/monk/rogue, I could bust one out real quick, if you ask. I am considering the creation of a matching Group Window, so let me know what ya'll think of this Player Window. Please make change suggestions.

About:
This EverQuest UI Player Window is a modification of Ascetic's Player Window (Found here: http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads...fo.php?id=2446
)
I have made this version of the Player Window for my own use on the P99 servers, with the stock Velious UI (it can be used with other UIs) . Post Velious features have been removed, some features were added, and positioning/color changes were made.

Brought to you by 24kanthony (Segador Delamuerte - Blue, P99).
24kanthony@gmail.com

Installation Instructions:
1. Download my EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file
2. Open your EverQuest installation directory which should look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\EverQuest Project 1999\"
3. Open the "uifiles" folder, and find the folder for the UI you plan to use the Player Window with. If you are using the stock UI, your UI folder is the one named "default"
4. In your UI folder, find and MOVE/COPY/BACKUP your current EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file incase you would like to change it back.
5. Replace the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file in your UI folder with my version. Overwrite if needed (You did remember to back up the old one, right?)
6. Log in to EverQuest and, if needed, reload your UI. The in-game command for this is /load followed by your UI folder name. Example: /load default
Last edited by 24kanthony; 06-09-2017 at 01:36 PM..
Old 06-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Kobold

Oh, forgot to mention that the other tab has all stats and resists.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

seems classic
Old 06-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems classic
That's kinda what I was going for. I wanted some of the functionality of the DuxaUI but it's color scheme and style did not feel very EverQuesty to me.
The new window has been working out really well for me. I hope somebody else will enjoy it.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Large Bat

Oh my god this is exactly what I was looking for,player ui with xp % that looks like the default ui,thank you very much.
Never liked duxa or qq and the classic ui is all over the place,would be nice if there was a melee version but this is more then perfect.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 PM
Kobold

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.
How should I set up the melee version differently besides taking out the mana bar? Any other suggestions?
Old 01-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Large Bat

sorry for the late reply,never thought i would hear back haha.
i cant think of anything to improve upon the current version that would be too crazy,maybe a sit and camp button like i see on other ui's but it might ruin the simplicity thats so great about your current one,maybe the xp color being the same as the inventory screen but that might cause confusion cause of the similar color for stamina...honestly its just so good the way it is now removing the mana bar and shortening it is probably the only thing needed.
once again thank you so much for this great ui addon its really improved my gameplay experience.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:07 AM
Large Bat

one suggestion i do have after playing with my wiz is that the color for the mana number seems a bit too dark and hard to tell what my remaining mana is at at a glance.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklindlink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one suggestion i do have after playing with my wiz is that the color for the mana number seems a bit too dark and hard to tell what my remaining mana is at at a glance.
You are right about this.
The color has been lightened up a bit and the file replaced in the dropbox link.
If it still doesn't seem too great, look up the RBG numbers for a color you would like and I can make it for you real quick.

A no mana version of the player window will be made... I just gotta get around to it...
Old 05-23-2018, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Also, here are some better pictures of the Player Window.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]