Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll donate 2500 if they wipe red or make a new red server
Wiping red would undermine everything this server stands for. And why would they put a new pvp server up so 20 people can play while spamming blue server chat with toxic posts? If anything have 2 blue servers up. Red has been a ghost town since it was formed.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:16 PM
Skeleton

Has everyone forgotten the true classic experience was based on danger and uncertainty? This has been lost and is apparant the way everyone is excited them and their mom can get a manastone.
Havent any of you crawled out of your safe space in the last ten years? People should get that feeling of dread and uncertainty every now and again. Its good for you. Go learn some gang signs or something. Fall more than 20 feet. Pvp
Old 09-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiping red would undermine everything this server stands for. And why would they put a new pvp server up so 20 people can play while spamming blue server chat with toxic posts? If anything have 2 blue servers up. Red has been a ghost town since it was formed.
We don't need to get into it here, but red was not always a ghost town. Red has a very stillborn beginning all the way back to beta days. It had a custom non classic ruleset and gm corruption issues and all sorts of things that made it hard for the server to be a success.

A true classic server experience with proper timeline and an actual classic ruleset, or a classic discord old world only server that has "seasons" (classic was 1 season only) would allow the pvp to happen but in a less sad and dead way.

I think the best option given the pop is the discord server that has an end date where the winner is declared. The other best option would be an actual rallos zek item loot server. The next best option would be a custom teams no item loot server but I am less excited about that option because custom rulesets are easy to do wrong and are probably more effort than they are worth.

But really anything is worth while. Right now it is an orphan. Do something with the characters or leave them orphaned but changing it up would be fun. I would be able to pull 4 hours a week on a pvp server that wasn't in such a sad shape with nothing fun to do.

Part of the attraction of rallos zek rules is that you can do pvp at a variety of level ranges that is actually rewarding in its own way. You don't need to hit level 60 to start playing the game, you can play it at any level and try to do battle for zone control among your peers. The more you risk gear wise the better you are in battle, but you might lose it to someone. Its great.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

This just in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.
Yes.

Yes, but nothing I can explain right now.

Soon.
The glory
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:14 PM
Aviak

I just can't even ! Soooooo punowd for this
Old 09-19-2019, 08:25 PM
Kobold

You guys should make a new pvp server, or just wipe red then won’t have to deal with the resources for another server. No reason to keep it around, its dead as shit, 12 people on there the other day.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

please get rid of the 25 mob AE rule! its not classic
Old 09-19-2019, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kados [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So why did they do it, then, Kados?
Old 09-19-2019, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kados [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is classic gameplay however
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

No one knew how to break the game with AE's in 1999

even 25 mobs is insane. Folks would just run dissonance while in a group doing normal PVE stuff.

The meta game breaking mega AE action was basically discovered in P99 and would have crashed computers from 1999-2001

So..whats classic?
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread