Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards can AE kite starting at lvl 2. Costs like 1p for drums / lute.

The faster you get to higher level, the less competition for mobs at that point. Bards will basically stop levelling fast at 30 though as theres nothing to AE kite well. (still fast with charm / fear kite)
spectres, guards, even efreeti imps aren't off the table
Old 09-19-2019, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spectres, guards, even efreeti imps aren't off the table
How many mobs can a bard keep snared while still dpsing, 3? or could they do 4? You could do imps like that. Would be great exp lol Probubly would be so hard though.

Might be a good duo for druid and a bard maybe?
Old 09-19-2019, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

It'll be quick, and like others have stated, once you break away from the initial pack, you'll have the latitude to level without too much mob competition. The unemployed, self-employed, wealthy, work-from-home and taking PTO obviously have the biggest advantage. Bonus points for stay-at-home-sons, recently paroled, heavy drug users and divorced dads with free internet I suppose.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The key to leveling quickly is to break away from the pack of filthy casuals that can't hook up an IV and hit it hard 22 hours a day. Once you're level 20+ and everyone else is muddling along at level 5-7, you're home free.
I understand that, most casuals won't even break out of level 4 on day one if it's as crowded as most imagine. However, there's probably going to be hundreds of people trying to level up bards fast, so theres even going to be competition in the karanas to swarm. I understand bards can level fast as shit to 35, but can you do it fast as shit when theres 15 other bards in the same zone trying to do the same thing?

I'm going to go much more conservative and say 1 week for someone to hit 50.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

All this talk of bards, but it's one of the least popular classes on that poll -- seems like most neckbeards are going enchanter?

Obviously inb4 the true neckbeards would never reveal their strategies on a poll.

Maybe we'll find the most truly 1337 bards swarming through the early levels in Toxx? Ferrott? Steamfont?
Old 09-19-2019, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

The fastest would probably be something like a Mage/Chanter/Druid trio who manage to get out ahead of the pack and ride the ZEM superhighway. If you can be the first group into Unrest you have a very good shot of maintaining that early lead. Just slide over to Sol A once Unrest greens out and you're 40 before you know it and ready to head to LGuk and farm a few manastones before the proles catch up.

It will be a real struggle getting out ahead of the pack, though. If you really want a chance you'll have to figure out ahead of time which starting city will be the least crowded and/or which has the highest mob density. Because you're literally going to have hundreds of level 1s and 2s running around KSing each other for decaying skeletons and fire beetles for the entire first day.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this talk of bards, but it's one of the least popular classes on that poll -- seems like most neckbeards are going enchanter?

Obviously inb4 the true neckbeards would never reveal their strategies on a poll.

Maybe we'll find the most truly 1337 bards swarming through the early levels in Toxx? Ferrott? Steamfont?
Most people who post here have retired from everquest and this is their drug
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:23 AM
Fire Giant

I remember when new servers launch on classic there would be people who would share an account leveling a Druid to max so it could PL their main accounts. Would take about 2 days. I hate it, but it is classic.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So green will launch on a friday which I'm very thankful for because of work, which I'll be most definitely taking off the friday of server launch!
Using PTO on a launch day usually feels bad. They already said the target is afternoon. In most games launches get delayed by hours, there are issues that require reboots / downtime, and login servers are hammered from everyone spamming it

Obviously many people will do it, but personally I'd rather use that time off in the days/weeks to come. (and not staring at a screen idly infrustration)
Old 09-20-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

If I roll a toon on green I’m going to play it casually during non-raid time and take it nice and slow.

Racing through levels (for me at least) misses the point of green. For me I’m going to savor the gearless, poor noob experience.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread