Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Kobold

Default [GUIDE] Using Luclin character models in P99

Ive received some PMs here asking me how to use Luclin models, probably due to the screenshots I posted in another thread, so I think its a good idea to post the instructions here for more people to see it.

Firstly I'll like to clarify that I take no credit from this. Danyelle is the one who discovered how to use Luclin models.

Instructions on how to use Luclin models is found here: http://vp1999.forumotion.com/t10-luc...n-project-1999

Using the Luclin models not only grants you more faces to choose from, there are now more options in facial customization (as seen in my screenshot below).

Besides that, it enables high res character armor as well, so your armors will look much better than before.

Ive tested it using Titanium client and it works as intended. Do note that if you are running an "EQ LITE" version of Titanium, it will not work, as the necessary files are missing from the Lite client.

After making the changes, you can change your character face via the "FACE" icon in Inventory window. Additionally, when you create a new character, you will get to the new model selection screen as below:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Galaa; 02-27-2012 at 11:31 PM..
Old 02-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Aviak

Awesome! Now I don't have to look awful as an ogre.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Aviak

my guess is incoming nerf to disable this
Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Aviak

why disable it its a optional setting let people play how they want imo
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Aviak

Because it's not classic.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by username1337 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it's not classic.
Is duxa UI classic?

Is Velious high res graphics mod classic?

Since those arent classic, why are they allowed?

Using Luclin model is similar to using a non classic UI, or a high res zone graphics mod. Its all a personal preference to enhance your own gaming experience, a decision which does not affects gameplay at all.

Now compared to the removal of night blindness, removal of spellbook meditation for low level casters, pets not holding agro and many other gaming differences, these affects gameplay but are not present in P99.

P99 is NOT a 100% classic server, I wonder why some people still dont get it. P99 serves to give us the classic experience of EQ, but it doesnt necessary mean the server has to 100% emulate what EQ was back then. Changes can be made (and IMO should be made, to enhance certain aspect without compromising the classic experience)

If a client mod like Luclin models arent allowed, I guess we should ban Duxa and any non classic UI mods as well as any graphic mods.
Last edited by Galaa; 02-27-2012 at 06:48 AM..
Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Aviak

Well now that the secret is out they should sticky this so people have a choice.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Kobold

Using Luclin models also grants you access to high res armor. Here's a picture of my druid in Tattered leather (looks MUCH better in game. Saving it to jpeg reduces the quality alot). Im new to P99, untwinked and dont have any high level characters, those of you with high end gears will see significantly better armor graphics.

A combination of Luclin character models + high res Velious graphics mod will significantly improve the overall graphics of Everquest in P99.

And remember, you can change your character's face anytime by clicking the face icon in Inventory window.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Galaa; 02-27-2012 at 06:40 AM..
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Aviak

yes this serve ris far from classic love the server dont get me wrong but alot of stuff has been pick and chose so why not luclin models to
Old 02-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

In before CRC check on GlobalLoad.txt in next patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.