Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

sir and lady is not classic and was introduced with aas

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we decide to do server shirts, there is a silk screen shop downtown here that I have an in with. Could use their materials probably.

Worked there for a school year and then got replaced during the summer =(
For west coast distribution, I have a really good friend that works at a silk screen shop too. He gets good shirts on the cheap!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Im in favor of shirts and outside eq items. Im not for anything within P99, not titles, not items, anything. Just makes me feel like this is too much of a jap/chinese/korean game where everyone just buys whatever with RL cash.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im in favor of shirts and outside eq items. Im not for anything within P99, not titles, not items, anything. Just makes me feel like this is too much of a jap/chinese/korean game where everyone just buys whatever with RL cash.
Its been said that there absolutely will NOT be any game changing items for sale. With that being said, in the game is where the community is. If they want to reward (which seems to be the concept) then that is where the rewards should be. I do not want to see anything that could not be considered "classic" outside of titles, and as I mentioned, Sir/Lady would suffice for me.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sir and lady is not classic and was introduced with aas

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm assuming the ' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ' was meant to be taken as a joke, but if it wasn't:

I know, I just think that BECAUSE it's not classic, it would be a sufficient reward. Something that wouldn't be in the game otherwise, yet could be special anyway. GMs could title players back in 1999, one of my guildies was a "Sir". Another guildie was able to make a 3 letter name (he had the most deaths on the server). *Shrug* Gms had a lot of abilities back in the day - any one of those would probably be a nice incentive.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

Can we get a free armor dye job for a donation? Not game changing but I wouldn't mind changing my goofy orange bronze to snazzy black or even an Iron Man red and yellow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Pretty sure the #dye command in eqemu could be scripted to make it easy for GMs to do or create an NPC and update the perl script with toon names....

Regards,
Mg
Old 04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drubu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should sell things like a no-drop manastone and pre-nerf DE mask for 50$-75$ each. Priced high enough that most users won't buy any but when someone does its a nice donation that doesnt effect much in-game.

It would also be fair, since so many users came in late and never got a chance at these items.
Wow. Do you idiots realize that this is exactly what killed EQ Live? You can't expect to offer loot for SALE and believe that gamers will still equate said loot with status. Stop being tools and donate, or don't and go back to paying $15 a month for World of Warshit. And buy your gold there, and buy your characters so you don't have to spend the time to level them. And buy your "For the Horde" T-Shirt, and your custom 6-button WoW mouse, and your replica Frostmorne, and your griffon baby plush action figure,

Bottom line, you shouldn't need an incentive to contribute to a community. It defeats the purpose. If that concept eludes you, you need to drink Drano, immediately. Nobody wants you making babies.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd pay for a highlander title.

There can be only one, though ...
hahahahaha made my day! thaank you lol
Old 04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm assuming the ' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ' was meant to be taken as a joke, but if it wasn't:

I know, I just think that BECAUSE it's not classic, it would be a sufficient reward. Something that wouldn't be in the game otherwise, yet could be special anyway. GMs could title players back in 1999, one of my guildies was a "Sir". Another guildie was able to make a 3 letter name (he had the most deaths on the server). *Shrug* Gms had a lot of abilities back in the day - any one of those would probably be a nice incentive.

afaik sir and lady was/is given to paladins when u reach a certain amount of AAs, so i was serious about it not being classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by mitic; 04-15-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Aviak

who cares; illusion pots / aa titles would be great. Also the t-shirt thing is a decent idea as well.
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Closed Thread