Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Project Manager

Default 10th ring war

The 10th ring war is now completely written, and we're doing a final internal test on it.

There are two questions I had:

1. On eqlive, the 10th war does not consume your 9th ring until the final step where you turn in Narandi's head to Seneschal Aldikar. Classically, did you lose your ring before this point? Which npc took the ring and under what conditions? I always heard that failing the war meant you lost your ring.

2. Sentry Badain is the npc which starts the ring war. I've read reports of his respawn timer being 3 days, and 2 days in other places. Which is it? (For Velious beta testing, I will set his respawn for 4 hours, but I need an official timer before release.)
Old 02-16-2015, 03:42 PM
Orc

Failing the war only means you kill all the dorfs in Thurg for a couple hours and you lose your declaration of war. You can get another declaration of war by giving the dain your dirk of the coldain to him, which he gives back along with the declaration.

As far as the ring line, once you get the 8th ring you're fine. You can't lose it on any of the quests. 8th ring battle is the only chance in the line where you will lose all your progress and ring if you lose the fight. In the 10th ring war you turn in your 9th ring and the declaration to the sentry and he gives you the ring back. Did this quest on multiple toons and I remember the respawn timer on him being 3 days. Don't have any evidence or links for the respawn timer, just going off of memory
Old 02-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 10th ring war is now completely written
If this passes your internal tests, the A-Team would be happy to give this a shot with Alunova
Old 02-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this passes your internal tests, the A-Team would be happy to give this a shot with Alunova
I will happily test this as well once the Iceball drop rate is fixed and I can complete the 9th Ring.

Per Eunomia the Devs aren't summoning any more items for testing, so you will need to have a 9th ring complete to test this.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will happily test this as well once the Iceball drop rate is fixed and I can complete the 9th Ring.

Per Eunomia the Devs aren't summoning any more items for testing, so you will need to have a 9th ring complete to test this.
can we get a time for when the ring war will commence? and possible one where pvp is activated so we can test warring forces? coldain vs giants?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:04 PM
Banned

summon rings to test it

mando
Old 02-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Developer

I will not be summoning any part of the ring quest series, just to be clear. All steps need testing, I've confirmed all drops needed and there are players out there that have already gone through most steps.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not be summoning any part of the ring quest series, just to be clear. All steps need testing, I've confirmed all drops needed and there are players out there that have already gone through most steps.
But once you have one ring completely done through actual questing you will summon rings for other to try right? Doesnt make sense if you know quests actually work to have to make others go through it again just to test war.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:12 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But once you have one ring completely done through actual questing you will summon rings for other to try right? Doesnt make sense if you know quests actually work to have to make others go through it again just to test war.
I thought it was pretty clear, but no I will not be summoning rings. You only need 1 per war and there is plenty of benefit for guilds to test and complete the quests with no real risk before release.
Last edited by Alunova; 02-17-2015 at 01:14 AM..
Old 02-17-2015, 02:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a declaration of war on beta (9th ring). There is one other person I know of that also has a declaration ready (from IB). So there are people around and willing to test.

Just need a time to be organized
Closed Thread