Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

I duoed enc + enc lvl 1 - 55 (on red so kinda fast levels) and we extensively used summoned pets + troll regen.
Pretty much non stop killing once you get the hang of it and no need for heals (only get whacked once per mob, rune absorbs it or you regen with troll during the fight).

No charm breaks, no downtime, no need to break/nuke for full exp.

Two hasted summoned pets plow through slowed mobs.

Added bonus - surprised looks from the bypassers when they realize it's an enc/enc duo.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I duoed enc + enc lvl 1 - 55 (on red so kinda fast levels) and we extensively used summoned pets + troll regen.
Pretty much non stop killing once you get the hang of it and no need for heals (only get whacked once per mob, rune absorbs it or you regen with troll during the fight).

No charm breaks, no downtime, no need to break/nuke for full exp.

Two hasted summoned pets plow through slowed mobs.

Added bonus - surprised looks from the bypassers when they realize it's an enc/enc duo.
In fairness, the surprised looks probably have more to do with seeing another player on Red, much less two.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Doesn't zumaiks not even hit for 50? Eot hits for over 60 plus lifetaps.

Duo animations would be effective, I'm sure. I just seriously doubt it's be more effective beyond like level 20 since the main problem with charms, getting full xp, is solved by duo. And the 2nd problem with charms, charm breaks, are much easier to handle with a second chanter. Plus you can refresh Tash without a charm break on red. And premez a pet before you break charm to not get summoned on charm break. And stuff like that.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-01-2018 at 01:47 PM..
Old 11-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Thing is, with charm, shit will inevitably hit the fan every once in a while. If you have a healer, you grab a heal, keep on going.

Without a healer, you have to regen. This means downtime, boredom, etc.

Now, mind you, I'm all for charm - it is hands down the most fun AND efficient thing in EQ. But the OP was asking about animation viability and duo enc is an application of it which worked for me.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't zumaiks not even hit for 50? Eot hits for over 60 plus lifetaps.
Zumaik's hits for 56 max and often, and according to wiki is 1 lvl higher as a max pet than EoT. I always boon my pet as well, so there is some lifetap going on there.

I like the duo animation idea, as I stated in my post, it is just nice sometimes to not even have to think about breaks even though they are easy to lock down 99% of the time. I've been debating starting another chanter like others have done, and I'd definitely be open to trying out other options like this.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:10 PM
Orc

Tecmos, I agree with what you said, except comparing pets to mage and necro. Buffed or not, I grouped with a 30 mage and 30 necro at 30 for a couple levels, and my pet ALWAYS drew aggro of the three. Certain situations would not only be safer, but more practical to use a pet vs charming ie-no healer or shaman slows in group, you can worry less about charm breaks and keep more mana for slows and Mez. When I take bites on purpose I always use my runes and Rampage for added shielding. I also mostly group with a Paladin capable of snap aggro. I usually save charming for rogue mobs or soloing. It is an awesome class with many strategies that can all work if you play it smart.
Closed Thread