Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

The slow and dull parts of the game, that Mick and a few others describe, are actually vital to a bigger point in the story. The slow and dull conversations with all camp members, the constant feeding/bathing/brushing your horse, all leads to an emotional response to the story that is unprecedented in games today. Kind of like how corpse runs and the tedious stuff in EQ being neccesary to the bigger picture of the experience.

Without ruining the story for those who havent beaten the game yet, all the slower paced "boring" things I did throughout the game led to a climactic ending, affecting me in a way no video game has. It created a personal emotional response in me that i was not expecting. At all.

Without the constant dialog missions and tedious horse care taking among other things, i dont think the story would have had such an impact.

UI and Controls are a little clunky tho ill give you that.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 11-20-2018 at 03:17 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The slow and dull parts of the game, that Mick and a few others describe, are actually vital to a bigger point in the story. The slow and dull conversations with all camp members, the constant feeding/bathing/brushing your horse, all leads to an emotional response to the story that is unprecedented in games today. Kind of like how corpse runs and the tedious stuff in EQ being neccesary to the bigger picture of the experience.

Without ruining the story for those who havent beaten the game yet, all the slower paced "boring" things I did throughout the game led to a climactic ending, affecting me in a way no video game has. It created a personal emotional response in me that i was not expecting. At all.

Without the constant dialog missions and tedious horse care taking among other things, i dont think the story would have had such an impact.

UI and Controls are a little clunky tho ill give you that.
I'm sorry but this sounds like youre rationalizing why the game is written poorly and why it's not fun.

I'll tell you what I'm still playing this game and I'm trying really hard to beat it. if I change my mind at the end I will definitely let you know.

but this is so far really bad storytelling really bad characters really bad gameplay really bad controls.

It better be one mind fucking blowing story arch to justify that.

to make up for all this garbage that they've been feeding me so far this would have to make the matrix reveal seem like child's play.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Banned

luv "storeys" that justify wack pacing

western gaming sux except the ones that are competitive multiplayer war sims imperial programming. those are dope
Old 11-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry but this sounds like youre rationalizing why the game is written poorly and why it's not fun.

I'll tell you what I'm still playing this game and I'm trying really hard to beat it. if I change my mind at the end I will definitely let you know.

but this is so far really bad storytelling really bad characters really bad gameplay really bad controls.

It better be one mind fucking blowing story arch to justify that.

to make up for all this garbage that they've been feeding me so far this would have to make the matrix reveal seem like child's play.

I think the writing in the game is the best part. When the story ends, all the little things I thought were insignificant or trite all of a sudden had significant value and meaning. It wasn’t groundbreaking like the matrix per say, it was just very well done.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the writing in the game is the best part.
sorry but red dead redemption 1 was about an outlaw who tried to live a good mans life alone in the west with his wife and child, and the pinkertons kidnap family and force him to be the murderer he really is and was trying so hard to bottle up.

red dead redemption 2 is about a bunch of homosexual carnies trying to find liberty or something I cant fucking tell at all.

The story is trash and the characters are the worst characters rockstar has ever came up with. And that says a lot..
Old 11-20-2018, 05:46 PM
Banned

play a different game mick
Old 11-20-2018, 06:00 PM
Banned

The biggest problem with this game is that it is simply "not fun" to play.

Robbing a train, robbing a bank, doing a heist. If you do ANYTHING in this game, its not fun.

So it makes all that "trite" stuff, even worse.

IN the old game, they put missions close together, and you did WAY less following and WAYYYYYY more killing.

So when you had to do the trite stuff, you didnt hate it, it wasnt anoying, it wasnt TRITE.. it was Immersive.

This one, is just really un fun.

You rob someone? Its RNG they either start shooting or just throw money at you. Lame.

You bump into someone? They fight you. You fight back? Now you have a bounty.

You want to do a mission? It literally 100% will be a follow mission.

You want to buy a new gun? its locked.

Want to kill someone? You fail the mission.

Walk too far away from the critical path to figure out how to sneek your way through mission? FAIL the mission.

Literally chose an option to say "take lead?" game punishes you for taking the lead too early.

Rescue someone being beaten by a few guys by murdering them in cold blood? She stands up, says "thanks!" and runs off.. wtf bitch I just MURDERED people all you got is a THANKS??? jesus christ this game is a rip off!

Everything is contextual, so you just sit there waiting for the game to tell you what to do, cus if you anticipate ANYTHING then you accidentaly shoot someone or you do something the critical path of the mission didnt want you to and you at worst fail it straight up or at best are punished by having everyone yell at you like an idiot. Totally ruining my immersion, the one thing this game has to offer.

This game is just trash.

And Im not being a negitive nancy, there are 20 million people online circile jerking about this game.

So my shitting on it shouldnt rain on your enjoyment parrade.

Look This game COULD be fun, but you ahve to role play that you are actaully having fun playing it.

And its not because I dont understand the "slow west" concept of the gameplay. Again they did that better in RDR1
Last edited by mickmoranis; 11-20-2018 at 06:11 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest problem with this game is that it is simply "not fun" to play.

Robbing a train, robbing a bank, doing a heist. If you do ANYTHING in this game, its not fun.

So it makes all that "trite" stuff, even worse.

IN the old game, they put missions close together, and you did WAY less following and WAYYYYYY more killing.

So when you had to do the trite stuff, you didnt hate it, it wasnt anoying, it wasnt TRITE.. it was Immersive.

This one, is just really un fun.

You rob someone? Its RNG they either start shooting or just throw money at you. Lame.

You bump into someone? They fight you. You fight back? Now you have a bounty.

You want to do a mission? It literally 100% will be a follow mission.

You want to buy a new gun? its locked.

Want to kill someone? You fail the mission.

Walk too far away from the critical path to figure out how to sneek your way through mission? FAIL the mission.

Literally chose an option to say "take lead?" game punishes you for taking the lead too early.

Rescue someone being beaten by a few guys by murdering them in cold blood? She stands up, says "thanks!" and runs off.. wtf bitch I just MURDERED people all you got is a THANKS??? jesus christ this game is a rip off!

Everything is contextual, so you just sit there waiting for the game to tell you what to do, cus if you anticipate ANYTHING then you accidentaly shoot someone or you do something the critical path of the mission didnt want you to and you at worst fail it straight up or at best are punished by having everyone yell at you like an idiot. Totally ruining my immersion, the one thing this game has to offer.

This game is just trash.

And Im not being a negitive nancy, there are 20 million people online circile jerking about this game.

So my shitting on it shouldnt rain on your enjoyment parrade.

Look This game COULD be fun, but you ahve to role play that you are actaully having fun playing it.

And its not because I dont understand the "slow west" concept of the gameplay. Again they did that better in RDR1
So you did love rdr1? I also loved rdr1 and the way rdr2 ends ties the games together beautifully. Surprised you enjoyed the first but hate the second one tho. Tbh I dont think you'll like it if you already have such hate for it. Sure, the story will get better, but you'll still experience all that you just described. I cant think of a rockstar game I've played that didnt have those wonky characteristics above?
It's kinda always been my gripe with the gta games tbh with you. Some how not bothered with it in rdr2? Maybe cause i was expecting those quirks?

Last edited by Evia; 11-20-2018 at 06:54 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So you did love rdr1? I also loved rdr1 and the way rdr2 ends ties the games together beautifully. Surprised you enjoyed the first but hate the second one tho. Tbh I dont think you'll like it if you already have such hate for it. Sure, the story will get better, but you'll still experience all that you just described. I cant think of a rockstar game I've played that didnt have those wonky characteristics above?
It's kinda always been my gripe with the gta games tbh with you. Some how not bothered with it in rdr2? Maybe cause i was expecting those quirks?
He doesn't have a firm grasp on reality. Feel free to ignore him. He'll complain about anything that doesn't fit his narrow world view.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He doesn't have a firm grasp on reality. Feel free to ignore him. He'll complain about anything that doesn't fit his narrow world view.
Actually a lot of his criticisms I've heard from others as well.

Especially the sensitive NPCs that attack you if you bump them, etc.

And a horse riding simulator.

I appreciate his comments because I'm thinking about getting the game but everyone gushes over it and doesn't talk about the negative aspects.

Thanks Mick!
Closed Thread